Differnce between 2003-2004

The Hammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to buy a convertible 03 or 04 silver viper and there seems to be a $4,000-$5000 differnce can someone tell any changes and why I should buy a 04 beside the obvious new year.
Thanks
If anyone knows of a nice 03 -04 I would love to talk to them. Must be silver!

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Minor differences in my opinion.

Different color calipers.
Cam-bolt issue.
Convertible boot included on the 2004.

Good luck.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 has red calipers and i just listed it today ..Mine is red tho, but does have RTcats,corsa, clear bra front/side so no rock chips, mg shifter-bezel-cup holder, custom mats, alpine, dc computer upgrade, K& N,custom lettering...But alas a fellow physician here in town has a silver 03 for sale but it has the grey calipers and no upgrades
10539PICT0001.JPG

10539PICT0006.JPG

1053940.JPG

or u can view some older pics at my gallery on this website, just go to member galleries and click on wallbanger

The red looks nicer to me

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11,200 pampered miles. Pampered means never raced or tracked. Always garaged and if taken to work it was under secured covered parking. In febuary i installed the dc computer and since then it has basically become my daily driver when it is not raining.. i also have a jeep that u see in the pic and since febuary i have 4000 miles on the jeep and 10500 on the viper...The viper is just a great daily driver and hard to put away. Upgrades easily cost 7k ( i can list prices if needed) so i am asking 54,000. The RT cats and corsa exhaust are a must to eliminate the cabin foot heat..You will hear a lot of debate on the best sounding exhaust but during the cold days i actually drive with the window slightly down so i can better hear the corsa.

i forgot to list the thermostat which was installed with the dc computer.. i also have the original computer if u need it

ALSO it is an 03 so u have over 3 years left on the warranty - not sure that applys to 04

took a few more pics today
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/soccerjunk/

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Your calipers were painted since your emergency brake caliper is Red. Stock it is not painted. Did you buy the car used?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The calipers were NOT painted and i have seen a few other 03 with stock red calipers so must be a late 03 production

The emergency brake calipers were painted by me and u can see that they are just a slight diferent shade of red as i couldn't get a match exactly

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never seen an 03 with Red Calipers but that doesnt mean it didnt happen. You were lucky. I looked at an 03 but just didnt like the look of the calipers in grey. Since 2004 cars were similarly priced at the time, I went that route.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Crank damper bolt (NOT to be confused with the "cam bolt issue").

2003 Vipers had the large, highly torqued crank damper bolt...many 2004 Vipers had the smaller bolt, with much lower installation torque...noting that the small bolt Vipers seemed to have more "issues" than the larger bolt Vipers even in normally aspirated engines.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you the original owner? I'm pretty sure that all '03 had the grey calipers there have been more than a few people that either switched them out with later calipers or had the color changed. Those certianlly are not the orginal rotors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang