Direct replacement head unit for 02 RT/10?

GTS21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to get a newer head unit in my 02 RT/10 with bluetooth and iPod connectivity. Im not looking to replace speakers or other components. Is there a unit out there that just replaces the original head unit without re-wiring? Thanks

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my head unit, but it will be hard to find one that connects to the original DIN connector. I cut the original connector off, and spliced into the original wires (it's not that difficult, as the stock cd deck has a wiring diagram on a sticker, and you can easily check continuity with a multimeter to figure out any unknowns). I kept the stock amp and speakers, as I'm not an audio fanatic. Sounds great to me :)

OP
OP
G

GTS21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my head unit, but it will be hard to find one that connects to the original DIN connector. I cut the original connector off, and spliced into the original wires (it's not that difficult, as the stock cd deck has a wiring diagram on a sticker, and you can easily check continuity with a multimeter to figure out any unknowns). I kept the stock amp and speakers, as I'm not an audio fanatic. Sounds great to me :)

Thanks. Which head unit did you get? Did it fit in Okay?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with an Alpine unit as it still used the same style connector as the factory unit. I only had to move a few pins in the harness. Not having the cut the harness was important to me at the time.

I think Alpine has gone to a different style connector now.

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with an Alpine unit as it still used the same style connector as the factory unit. I only had to move a few pins in the harness. Not having the cut the harness was important to me at the time.

I think Alpine has gone to a different style connector now.

Are you referring to the DIN connector, too, or the power connector only? I am just wondering if the DIN connector was used in other Alpine head units as well??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang