disconnecting factory alarm

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard of this being done, anyone know how? I am sick of the problems I have had with mine. A quick call to Tator's and I found out that my EEU is probably fried. I don't want to be left stranded again, so I want to disconnect rather than replace.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">While it probably could be done (and I probably could figure it out if I had some time) remember that the EEM (on GENII's) controls your door solenoids and the door "lock". I would think that you would need to partially disable it rather than totally disable it.

Why not just fix the problem and keep it? What exactly are you experiencing?</FONT f>

OP
OP
D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** thing would not reset after I put in an aftermarket stereo. I tried everything and called Tator's and Wood house. Still no luck (car would start and shut off-in theft mode) So I called Paul Scraf (viperwrecks.com) he told me to double check my fuses-that's all it was! A BLOWN FUSE!! I still want to disconnect the thing, Woodhouse (great guys!) told me that all i have to do is disconnect one side of the EEM. BUt the car has to be out of theft mode first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960