Discontinued parts and such...

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was reading a few threads, one in particular that kinda got me thinking. It was a thread where someone was looking for a ICM for there gen 1 car. Basically the jist of the thread was that you can't get them anymore :omg: So somebody asked the question, "well what happens now if someone needs one" and the thread just stopped there, but honestly that seems to be a very good question. Guess I'm wondering what somebody does if they can't get a part to get a car running, I mean is there nothing you can do? Does your prize possession just turn into a pretty paperweight, surely not right :dunno: Can you all shed a little light on this concern? Particulary the thread I was reading (from 2008 btw) where eveidentally there were no ICM's if someone needed one. Surely someone has needed one in the last two years...

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The unfortunate thing is your car might end up being a "pretty paperweight." Until someone out there starts to re-manufacture parts, you might have to hunt for wrecked cars and get the part from there.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, I just can't believe that is the case...How can that be, could someone not "fix" the original part? Does everyone just drive around "hoping" it won't happen to them, I mean certainly everyone doesn't own a garage full of extra parts right? There isn't other "interchangeable" parts that would work?

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be able to have someone fix the broken part but one thing that chrysler was not the best at with these cars (especially the older ones) was stocking up on old parts. With it being a limited production car maybe they just didn't see the need at the time. :dunno: However, you can always check with our vendors here on the site and they may have something laying around or be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You couldn't get an aftermarket stand alone system or something to bypass all that?

Last edited: