DLM does it again

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right Doug has once again turned a tame V-10 into a fire breathing dragon. I don't have the dyno graph yet but by the numbers I am thrilled. 830rwhp and 796rwtq. Thanks Doug, you are the man!

Rob Butryn

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool! I'm interested to see what kind of numbers you get under the "curve" as I"m going to upgrade my soon in the very near future :)

Post dyno sheet! If you want you can email it to me and I'll post it.

Gerald

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes , the 1st video was against a good rider and that was a VERY close race up to the top of 4th. I jumped on my own 'busa (I'm not the best rider) and the guy who drove my viper IS a good viper driver and I got walked up to the top of 4th. I'm trying to get a local friend here who has a 'busa to line up with me and win or loose, I'll post the vid.. I would HIGHLY recommend some good sticky tires to hook your gorilla up...

Gerald

OP
OP
G

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geral what kind of rwhp does it take to beat a Busa? Since you have both I thought you shed some light on this for me.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys make me sick! I'm going to have to robb the bank sooner than I thought LOL

Looks like DLM is the best of the best!

OP
OP
G

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ElDiablo Doug is really an awesome guy. He always has time to listen to you and will do whatever it takes to give you the best of the best.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geral what kind of rwhp does it take to beat a Busa? Since you have both I thought you shed some light on this for me.

I have NO IDEA.. The 'busa guys on the forum seem to say it takes 700-750 rwhp to keep up with a 'busa from a roll, they agree on that from, hands down, the math they work out. But they just can't beleive that I did it. Strange..

Gerald

p.s. I"m actually kind of sick of them calling me out and calling me a liar, etc... If you do race one, DO NOT post the video over there or talk about it. Someone from this forum posted it over there and all hell broke loose.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, this weekend I had Busa on my back. The guy did not want to play...I think that he was afraid that I had one of DLM Vipers LOL

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet I got a ride in this beast and boy was it nuts :eek: One word of advice, Get some drag radials lol.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will either have a 200 or 300 shot of NOS on my 525 RWHP Gen I, so I should have somewhere between 700 and 775 or so RWHP, and I'll be going up against a Busa or two in about 10 days. I'll let you know how that goes. I supposed to get spanked according to the Busa guys. Honestly, I have no clue. I would supercharge my car, but nobody with big power wants to supercharge a Gen I. Bah!

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
clark, when is your car coming home? my heffner car ships home a week from today!!!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red...
I hope very soon! Hopefully with all the work Doug is doing on the car..it will turn out to be a beast. Be sure and let me know when your car gets back...I want to come over and see it.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-ACR -

I was down in FL shooting the sh*t with Doug this past week and saw both your car (immaculate) and your dyno graph...

All I can say is WOW! That is one bad-@$$ car!

JD

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will either have a 200 or 300 shot of NOS on my 525 RWHP Gen I, so I should have somewhere between 700 and 775 or so RWHP, and I'll be going up against a Busa or two in about 10 days. I'll let you know how that goes. I supposed to get spanked according to the Busa guys. Honestly, I have no clue. I would supercharge my car, but nobody with big power wants to supercharge a Gen I. Bah!
Doug wil S/C a GenI..

200 or 300 shot of N02 on the street. How in the heck are you going to hook that thing up? Next to impossible on the street?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dayum. very nice!!

That said, seems like bloody 800+ RWHP DLM cars are as common as muck these days. Maybe I'll go back to that Procharger setup :)

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug wil S/C a GenI..

200 or 300 shot of N02 on the street. How in the heck are you going to hook that thing up? Next to impossible on the street?

You're basically running the same power ALL THE TIME with your super charger and you are able to hook up. Is there a difference?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, N02 hits all at ONCE.Like a Ton of Bricks.. Spin city. YOu wil sit there and spin and never hook up......
You'd better have some bad a$$ slicks, even at that, your 200 or 300 shot will be useless on the street..

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph, did you see my little baby come into Dougs?

Clark What did Doug do to your car?

GTS ACR What is a III + ?
Andy

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy -

There were the usual 15-20 cars there. Truthfully, I was only in the shop for about 15 minutes [was late for an appt down there]. The GTS-ACR car was out front and it was where I did the majority of my staring.

That and the 2003 "project" which I'm probably not suppose to talk about. Suffice to say, the installation was gorgeous and the car is gonna cook!

JD

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent hp numbers. Doug builds awesome cars! your going to be hooked on boost!!!
Max :D

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, N02 hits all at ONCE.Like a Ton of Bricks.. Spin city. YOu wil sit there and spin and never hook up......
You'd better have some bad a$$ slicks, even at that, your 200 or 300 shot will be useless on the street..

Gerald,

You guys are driving these 800, 900 and even 1000 horse powered cars, and when you are racing, once you're out of the first two gears, I assume you are shifting into 3rd and flooring it right? So what is the difference between that and me shifting into 3rd, hitting the NOS with a 200 shot and it hooking and just going? Is there that much lag in the superchargers that the power is not all at once? I'm going to move this to a new thread to get opinions of those running this much NOS.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alot depends on which sc package you have to make the tires get traction.The level I's have a better traction because they dont make as much boost in the low end so its easier to get the tires to hook. The torque doesn't spike so hard like nitrous. the sc makes progressive power not instant.

Max

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald,

You guys are driving these 800, 900 and even 1000 horse powered cars, and when you are racing, once you're out of the first two gears, I assume you are shifting into 3rd and flooring it right? So what is the difference between that and me shifting into 3rd, hitting the NOS with a 200 shot and it hooking and just going? Is there that much lag in the superchargers that the power is not all at once? I'm going to move this to a new thread to get opinions of those running this much NOS.

S/C build boost w/ RPM . When you shift at the top of the gear you're usually at full boost with it floored. Then upon shifting into the higher gear, the S/C user can TOTALLY control how much boost he wants by feathering the throttle. If it does spin, I just let off the throttle a litte, then lightly get back on it. If I don't feather then throttle, the boost builds again gradually.

Nitrous will hit all at once, instantly. if you apply a 300 shot to your genI, I"m sure you'll be getting MUCH MORE TQ instantly than HP. All I can say is try it and report back... Nitrous is GREAT for the track. Cheap and effective HP. But using it on the street gets kind of tricky. Maybe perhaps you can do a dual stage setup, 75 shot and a 100 shot?

Of course what I said is probably totally wrong. I'm not much of a gear head,just info that I've gathered over the years.

Gerald