DLM Finishes Monster GEN-1 (816+ rwhp)!!!

Reaction score
You really have to hand it to Doug. He's part Engineer, part Magician, and part Mother Teresa!... :D

Doug has taken my 1995 RT/10 "GEN-1" with 50,000 original miles on it, and has it cranking out an astonishing 816.5 rwhp (SAE corrected, of course)! :eek:

Now keep in mind that this equates to about 840 rwhp "standard". This was done in a Dyno room that was 96 degrees that day (a record 90+ outside). For safety and reliability reasons, Doug was running the car on the rich side. He told me that "there was a lot more room to go [HP wise]"... This is truly a technological breakthrough in Supercharging. Remember, this is a "GEN-1"!!

Doug is very modest, but let's encourage him to add to this message!

P.S. More is going to be done to the engine once it makes it back to CA. Because of this, you'll need to wait to see pictures...

Thanks to all that helped me,

-Dan

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's amazing power for a gen 1. congrats to you and Doug. I was waiting for Doug to finish your car so i can send mine. I am upgraidng to a level 2 or maybe a 3. Nothing like treynors car, just a little more power maybe a level 3. I guess im as crazy as the rest of you. Enjoy your car.

Max

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Mine did low 600's and it felt incredibly fast! I can only imagine what that must feel like! Congrats!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - congrats!! I believe that's the most powerful Gen-I in the world. That's also a higher dyno figure than I ever got on blower alone.

Hrmm. I've got to ask Doug to crank up the boost on mine now :laugh:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, ** hum... another monster by Doug? This is getting to be old news..hehe

Congrats on your car.. wait until you drive that beast...

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Wow - congrats!! I believe that's the most powerful Gen-I in the world. That's also a higher dyno figure than I ever got on blower alone.

Hrmm. I've got to ask Doug to crank up the boost on mine now :laugh:

I still bow to your beast, with great humility! :crazy: Doug actually did mine on medium boost. He said he could have increased the boost quite a bid, but I would have to sign the "Release" in blood.

Thanks again for helping me through the waiting period, Ben!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exec....

Awesome...what a beast :shocked: !!...and there's more still in it!
Keep me updated on your car...can't wait to get mine back and your stories keep me company during these viperless days :cool:

Clark

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
...your stories keep me company during these viperless days :cool:

Clark

Treynor and Dr. Roof helped me through the "wait period", so I hope to pass on the same to all that go after me. I will post several pictures, performance stats, etc. as time goes on.

Thanks, and good luck with yours!

-Dan

snoop_todd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, amazing ride. Now we just need someone here in toronto to send a car to DLM so i can maybe get a first hand look at one.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Speaking of that, how long have you been waiting so far?

[/QUOTE]
Baron
Doug IS THE BEST at what he does and if it takes longer to build your car he makes sure you get much more than what you pay for. he just wants his customers to be happy.
After buildng three cars for me i make him take his time!
Max

Reaction score
Dan -

Thank you for the privilege and opportunity for allowing us to transform your car into one of DLM's finest. I'm as excited for you as we were during the building process and know you will enjoy the power of "boost" every time you drive :) . We spent uncountable hours constructing your DLM SC Viper with the most advanced technology to date. But, our job is not a complete success yet. I'm anticipating a phone call upon arrival of your snake (and after a quick spin) about the performance, drive ability and excitement. Your approval with a big thumbs-up let's us know we've done our job!

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Doug

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Wow - great numbers!!! :eek: :eek: I can't wait to see some pics.

When do you expect to get the car back to Cali??

Thanks!

I'm out of town right now, and won't be back until end of week. Once I get back, I can make arrangements with Doug to ship it back. I should have the car by end of month, if all goes well...

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Executron, Doug, Congratulations! How 'bout posting some dyno sheets? I would love to see the power curves for that bad boy....... That is a MASSIVE supercharger! That has to be the most powerful Gen-1 to date.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Executron

I'm Glad the wait is over! The first time you feel that car under boost you will forget about wait and you will have a new addiction. BOOST!!!!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
an extra 450 HP to the rear wheels isn't a bad thing.. I bet by the time you get it back and ride in that cooler CA air, you'll be an extra 500 HP to the rears...

Gerald

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
an extra 450 HP to the rear wheels isn't a bad thing.. I bet by the time you get it back and ride in that cooler CA air, you'll be an extra 500 HP to the rears...

Gerald

That's what I was thinking. I plan to re-Dyno it once it comes back (after a while, and with DLM's blessing). :cool:

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Executron, is your bottom end and heads stock?

My Heads are DLM'd to the max, and to be honest I'm not sure about the bottom-end. I will be receiving a shop list from DLM by end of week, telling me what was done. Once I know, I'll let you know. I just let Doug do what he had to... :p

Thanks,

-Dan

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job! That's the most I've seen for a Gen I.
I know Doug doesn't just bolt on a supercharger and make horsepower. Anybody can put a car on a dyno and spray nitrous or run unnaturally high boost. The key to a professionally built system is making it live!
He's got one heck of a system that makes reliable horsepower.

I've had my DLM car for three years and plan on keeping it for a looong time.

Cheers,
Chuck

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Great job! That's the most I've seen for a Gen I.
I know Doug doesn't just bolt on a supercharger and make horsepower. Anybody can put a car on a dyno and spray nitrous or run unnaturally high boost. The key to a professionally built system is making it live!
He's got one heck of a system that makes reliable horsepower.

I've had my DLM car for three years and plan on keeping it for a looong time.

Cheers,
Chuck

Thanks!

I too plan to keep this Viper for a loooong time. That's why I went with DLM in the first place. :D

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exhaust system you have on the car? is it open header or do you have cats with mufflers?

thanks
Max

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is tremendous. Doug is top notch as is his shop which I visited. I just can't wait to get my car from Doug.