DLM Supercar Part 2/Photo's

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DLM Supercar Part 2/Photo\'s

Well I must say that when I took the first test ride with doug I was scared to DEATH! I have never been in anything that was this fast! I have road in the Nascar ride along car, roller coasters, slingshots, Bungee jumped and Never have I felt this kind of excitement and FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Car is More than I can Handle!!!!! It is mOre than most can even Comprehend! I have Corvette buddies and alot of buddies with Superchared Mustangs, I took some for a mild Ride and they are left speechless! Some even say that this is the baddest car on the planet!!! I didn't even hit it hard because Im scared of it! I can't wait to learn how to drive it!!!

THere is absolutely nothing that is comparible to the thrill of BOOSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact the only way to go is BOOSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to Say I LOVE TO BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept talking about boost and when i took my wife for a ride she said Boost Me baby, She had no idea what she was asking for! She hasn't rode with me again!!!

The Car is unbelievable! Horsepower in the 910 HP range! I just cannot believe it!

Honestly the wait stinks! But the delivery cancels it out! I mean it is Christmas in August!!!

One more thing! This Beast is ready for the Drags At VOI!!! Beware of the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT!!!!

Doug I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!

Ben Or Gerald or Mike will post some pics real soon. Im not sure who my wife sent them too. Thanks for the help Guys

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DLM Supercar Part 2/Photo\'s

Dr ROOF now thats the answer i think we all wanted to hear. I had the same feeling when i first drove my twin turbo stage 2 motor from Precision Engine and Turbo. Congrats, enjoy and safe driving.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, now THAT's the response I expected to hear
smile.gif
I'll post the one pic I have, which is your dyno sheet; I expect someone else will post t'others shortly...
You must be registered for see images

At 12% driveline loss, that's 900 BHP!!!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't wait to see your car perform at VOI up close. I'm so sick of NOS & filling my bottle! I HATE IT! With all the good press Doug gets on this Board, i wouldn't mind getting a Supercharger but I don't know how I'd feel about the wait. I really wanna see how DLM stacks up on the track though! Glad to see you're going to VOI & competeing.

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pictures are coming soon i can't even get them emailed correctly! My wife will do it tomorrow!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pictures follow:

The intercooler (sheesh!)

Blower piping (2 shots)

The lungs of the beast:

What the driver sees:

What everyone else on the road sees:

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fuel inrichment BEFORE the plenum? Weird
smile.gif

But what ever works.... what is the max duty cycle of the stock injectors?

MM

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The workmanship is incredible! How much boost are you pushing? That car is almost enough for me to make the long trip to VOI. I would love to see that beast go!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reading about this latest accomplishment from DLM, (maybe
its the business/owner mindframe) all I can see is extra
stress on Doug. I mean - Gerald's posts on slipping/sliding/squatting while trying not to not impale a
fleeing bike, as he reels him in - is one thing, but now we're
getting a continuous flow of Monster/untouchable/Supercars, that
leaves the rest of us.. well, feeling like the skinny guy on
the beach, that gets sand kicked on him. Doug can forget about
VOI-7 or any other vacation for the next few years. In fact,
he may have to start a tech school, just to train enough staff
to keep him going. And it just gets worse, yesterday 800hp,
today 900hp; soon we'll see posts on 1000hp - where does it stop. One day we'll read a post from DLM corp. that says, "Doug just up and
left, no note or nothing"

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinV10:
Why are there holes drilled on the front fascia under the IC?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think they are drilled it looks like it's a made piece that fits under there so the I/C has nice airflow????.. Cooler charge = more HP..
supergrin.gif

Gerald

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate reading this stuff, I wish I could afford to SC my Viper. You guys are **** lucky... Maybe when I get older...
frown.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

&gt; soon we'll see posts on 1000hp - where does it stop?

I know nothing about such an upcoming post
supergrin.gif

Seriously though, I know Doug's working on standardizing some of his packages a bit; much as you can currently get a "Venom 650" or "Lethal 750", you will probably soon be able to order a "DLM 800" or "DLM 900". Maybe even a "DLM 1000"...

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doug Levin is already signed up as a Co-sponsor of the VCA drags at VOI. Personally, I can hardly wait to see all the DLM cars run at Beech Bend. The landscape of Viper high performance and reputable tuners has really matured over the last several years. Levin has definitely been at the leading edge of this renaissance. Thanks Doug.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would be really great if Doug could license out his kits to trusted west-coast installers.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toddt:
It would be really great if Doug could license out his kits to trusted west-coast installers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug is such a PERFECTIONIST that I cannot see that EVER happening. If he doesn't work on the car, it ain't gonna get done!
smile.gif

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the only way to Go. I was driving some yesterday and just took it easy. The car can be a mild daily driver or an become like the incredible hulk with just one press of the Gas.

Funny Mustang was hoping me yesterday I just laughed! I want my first Kill to be a SuperBike!LOL

I love to BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Track time and numbers coming real soon!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With the amount of HP and more aggressive dyno chart, you'll have NO problem murdering bikes..

Gerald

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haha, take it from me: I have taken out many unsuspecting bikes. You'll have plenty of bikes that will want to race you. Now that you guys are making more horsepower than I do with an older level 3 I may just have to send my car back to Doug for another dose of DLM mania. Keep on making those big numbers Doug!!!

Booooost,
Chuck

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wing King:
Doug Levin is already signed up as a Co-sponsor of the VCA drags at VOI. Personally, I can hardly wait to see all the DLM cars run at Beech Bend. The landscape of Viper high performance and reputable tuners has really matured over the last several years. Levin has definitely been at the leading edge of this renaissance. Thanks Doug.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>THANK YOU! And everybody who took the time to respond. I appreciate all of your comments and mostly our loyal customers that have given us the privilege to build them a dream car!

Best Wishes,
Doug Levin

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, a question from the forced-induction ignorant.....

I thought intercoolers normally went between the blower/turbo and the engine. In the picture shown, it looks like the intercooler is in front of the blower (in front of the radiator too). Is that right? If so, how is that thing used to cool the charge? Is it "pre-chilling" the air before it hits the blower?

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The intercooler is placed in front of the radiator, because
that's the coolest air available. Actually, it is connected between the compressor and the motor intake, the plumbing
is just routed to that location.

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since I have gotten my viper back from DLM I have taken it to a couple of cruise nights and the word of mouth has already preceeded it as the workmanship and the car in general draws people like flys and we have the pleasure of sharing info and rides to all who ask. Gary

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960