Do vanity plates invite vandalism?

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well while I can appreciate your plate idea, I have to agree with the above. Anything that can be mistaken for arrogant will invite vandalism. I had a 1990 300ZX back when they were hot and put UWNABME. I thought it was funny but it incited alot of anger from others. From getting keyed, to breaking off my antenae, to asking me if I thought that they really wanted to be me. So I learned my lesson. I was younger and cockier then.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I avoid vanity plates. It is a problem having a good car because someone else can't stand it so I don't want to add a button pusher.

Last week on a sunny day I took my wife to the mall for a hair cut. While waiting for her a young guy with his wife and 5 year old walked past to his old Dodge Caravan. As he passed he swore out loud and said "Some people have too much money." I think If I had not been in the car it might have been keyed.

I'm 68 and should have earned some money over time. Also, its a 06 so it's 5 model years old. Jeez.

If he would have tried something, I am 6'3" and 228. I bicycle 3K a year and weight train 5 days a week. Now, if he would have given me a minute or so to get out of the car, I sure could have shown him.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard a bunch of stories about cool "cop friendly" plates.
The best one: "CODE 4"
:D :D :D

When the SRT-10 trucks first came out, and Ford announced that it was closing the doors on it's SVT program, one of the truck guys got: "RIP SVT">
:D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As he passed he swore out loud and said "Some people have too much money."

I'm 68 and should have earned some money over time.

I'm 48 and feel the same way. Additionally I'm not married and don't have any kids. That line comes in handy once in a while.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When choosing a vanity plate I suggest getting something that is not "cocky" and will not make others jealous and thus invite damage to your car. Something like HVN FUN says it all when driving the Viper and isn't really bragging or anything.

First Strike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When choosing a vanity plate I suggest getting something that is not "cocky" and will not make others jealous and thus invite damage to your car. Something like HVN FUN says it all when driving the Viper and isn't really bragging or anything.

Hope mine is not to cocky (VENM 4U). Although never had any problems

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
OOOOHHHHHHH we simply must know what the little tree huggers note said!:rambo:

Depends on the plate. Mine are harmless, "Viper 1"; "Viper 2" and "2Viper". Things like ___eatr (insert name "Vet" etc) while semi amusing ask for trouble. Knock on wood --in 15 years of driving 6 Vipers (and other sports cars) to Lowes, drug store , grocery store etc --no problems.

A Barnes & Noble customer wrote a juevinile note once and left on windshield . I am sure he or she was upset for me polluting their environment.

K

Kaya

I have VNOMOUS on the Viper and WICKEDZ on the Z06, no problems with vandalism. But someone asked me why I had "vamanos" as my plate.

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
picture.php

I love my plate, however, if I had to do it over again, I would probably get something a little less brazen. Most people love it, even some Corvette owners, however, I do get the occasional Vette owner stating, "Let's go race right now, I'll hand you your ass" comment. I simply respond, "Listen, I know I can't beat every single Corvette out there, I simply got the plate because of the whole Vette/Viper rivalry". Usually works.

As far as worrying about getting the car keyed, my car rarely leaves my sight and when it does, the wife or a friend is usually there to keep an eye on it. It's sad we live in a society where you have to worry about someone ruining your stuff simply because they're jealous.

Mike

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '03 has ITAL'DNA because of my italian-swiss heritage. My '08 will be SWIS'DNA. Have received a few compliments. Shouldn't offend anyone I don't think. I added the apostrophy in as dmv wouldn't do it.

eagles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery