Do you ever just smile thinking about it?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having one of those moments. I can recount every moment I've been in a Viper, all 11 of them, started 1 and have been a passenger up to 140 mph. The first viper I saw and was in will always be a 96' GTS but man I would give anything to have a red 94' RT/10 for a day, hearing the exhaust and looking at the car from the rear just makes me smile. I'm still partial to Emerald Green with the tan interior and would you believe it I've only seen ONE these past 9 years I have been on these forums? Holy crap, I've been on here for almost 10 years!?

Anyway my wallet is a wee empty from getting the Magnum and the garage isn't prepped for any exotics yet. So I still have to wait...ahh someday.:cool:

Hope you guys have a nice summer!

--RS

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone with a green/tan in in the NJ club or area and has shown up at events. He also has a replica Cobra, store bought nice (not home built.) Ask the local officers, they must know who it is.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a pic of an emerald green car for ya. No tan interior but still a striking color in person. Enjoy!!!

CIMG0733.JPG

Heres another pic...

CIMG0734.JPG

Last edited:

A99SilverACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I smile when I think of her every day or walk by here in the garage. I smile even more when I drive her and hear the open pipes, but I smile the most when I look at the grin on the passengers face after their first viper experience! After all we must remember that like all good sidewinders the viper likes to go sideways just to go forward :).

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having one of those moments. I can recount every moment I've been in a Viper, all 11 of them, started 1 and have been a passenger up to 140 mph. The first viper I saw and was in will always be a 96' GTS but man I would give anything to have a red 94' RT/10 for a day, hearing the exhaust and looking at the car from the rear just makes me smile. I'm still partial to Emerald Green with the tan interior and would you believe it I've only seen ONE these past 9 years I have been on these forums? Holy crap, I've been on here for almost 10 years!?

Anyway my wallet is a wee empty from getting the Magnum and the garage isn't prepped for any exotics yet. So I still have to wait...ahh someday.:cool:

Hope you guys have a nice summer!

--RS

You don't own a Viper? Now is the time to pick one up man!!

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't own a Viper? Now is the time to pick one up man!!

I know it's sad isn't it? I've been on here for almost 10 years, I myself am still young yet and I'm not 100% ready to tame one once a week as I'm only on my 2nd car and I need to clean out my garage and lay down some new concrete and tile before I think about getting a viper, no way would I let it sit outside. I was looking at a few cars here and there, I noticed the prices were down a bit and not to many used vipers out there. At least the early gens.

--RS

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep thinking positive dude! Always remember to believe in your dream and never let anyone sway you from it! If you believe in your dream, your dream will believe in you and it will come true. Always.

So, keep gathering info, learning and dreaming. This way when the time comes, you will have all of the info you need.

Best of luck dude! :2tu:

Robert

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first was a 95 green Viper but with dark interior--the tan is better, I thought it was a great looking car and put 50k miles on it.

Back in the day green snakes got a bad rep as being a "girls color"--whatever that means and they were not easy to sell. There is a great picture that many of us had (I still have on my wall) called "Diamonds of the Road" and it is of a green/tan snake.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
My first was a 95 green Viper but with dark interior--the tan is better, I thought it was a great looking car and put 50k miles on it.

Back in the day green snakes got a bad rep as being a "girls color"--whatever that means and they were not easy to sell. There is a great picture that many of us had (I still have on my wall) called "Diamonds of the Road" and it is of a green/tan snake.

Emerald Green never struck me as a girl's color for a car, however, it did, and still does to a degree, seem out of place on a Viper. The reason is that some of the old Jaguar roadsters are the ones that popularized the Emerald Green with tan interior look, and by virtue of history and simply the way the color combo looks it's more elegant than raw and rough, which is what the Viper is. Refined, Vipers are not.

It doesn't look bad at all, just not the best color combo in my humble opinion.

As for which color is for girls, I don't think anyone will ever take that mantle away from yellow.

:D

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was my dream and now I have a Red 94 RT/10 on one side of the garage and a 96 B/W GTS on the other. Yes, going into the garage always brings a smile to my face.

I don't share your enthusiasm for emerald green, however, but to each their own. It's all good.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha don't get me wrong guys, emerald green is hard to come by so it probably won't be the color I'd get right off the bat but I just think from a photographers point of view, that color is just one of those colors that seems to really pop in the right sunlight like the blue does. It's a really hard color to match.

--RS

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an emerald green 95 with the tan interior....I purchased the car not for the color, but because it had been maintained by Chuck Tator and was a great deal price wise. I wasn't in love with the color but to this day it amazes me how many people comment on that color combination. I guess there just something "right" about a dark green car with a perfect tan leather interior. I'm sure it helps that I keep the car spotless at all times. But the most common comment I hear is...."That's a great color."

To each's own I guess??

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Color is so subjective. I bought mine in spite of it being red (Viper red) If I only had a dollar for each time someone walked up saying, Thats the only color for a Viper!!Then I come on the forums and drool over the Emerald Greens, etc. Guess they ALL put a smile on my mind :)

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...Same here...They ALL look great...Color is subjective....That's why they make different flavors.

All that matters is what YOU like....Personally, I haven't seen a VIPER yet that looked bad in any factory color. The cars are timeless. They look good now and will look good 50 years from now...Cobras still look good to me...Jag E-types still look good to me...First Gen 911's will always look good, and on and on...

If that Emerald Green Viper is calling to you, just be patient and find one...They are out there.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it odd that since I've posted this thread I've seen 4 Vipers in two days? 06' red/silver SRT coupe, 04' silver SRT convert, 08' red SRT coupe, and a 99' RT/10. I never see more than 1 a month, 4 in two days is like a vacations worth of vipers.

--RS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala