Do you guys think viper parts of america have good prices??

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done business with Viper Parts of America numerous times and never have I seen a better price anywhere else. VPA has always worked with me to give me the best price and best service bar none.

Ditto...very happy with them!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im guessing your timezone is 2or3hrs diff. Give em a chance to wake up:)

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found the fastest response is via email. Give part numbers if you have 'em and Jerry is usually pretty quick to respond.

Reaction score
Email and voice mail are the quickest ways to reach us. While we try to answer the phone seven days a week (and usually late into the night), we are often on the phone with other customers, Mopar, etc. For example, we found there were a few of the RT/10 side badges in Mopar inventory that were priced a little high for the market. We were on the phone with Mopar when somebody else called and they didn't leave a message. We missed that person's call, but black and red RT/10 side badges are now a little less expensive from any Chrysler/Mopar dealer.

It is easier to answer emails as multiple people can address those, where we only have one person generally answering the phones. If no message is left then we can't call them back when we wrap up another call. Voice messages are returned as quickly as possible, as are emails.

We appreciate the kind words.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Buying from Viper Parts of America is like buying from family-the profits help the club and the the old part inventory that they got from SRT. We absolutely need to support this club for all our benefits down the road. After all, our cars will have better resale due to the old part availability that VCA will provide. Thank God we have them and the dedicated workers that make it happen!!--Dave

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just wondering if we know for sure and how much the profits actually HELP the vca club ? id like to believe they do.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to chime in since I have not posted in a while. There are times we have a delay in answering the phones because we have a limited staff. I work full time during the day as a Director of I.T. but normally I will have my iPhone, iPad and email by my side. Email allows several of us to respond vs. the telephone.

After my bill-paying day job, I work on Vipers in the evenings and attempt to write an article for the How-To section for the magazine. Then in my free time I volunteer for Viper Parts of America. Many of you have received emails from me about parts or order questions (sometimes at really odd hours of the night).

I can assure you the profits do help the club. VOI is the first thing that comes to mind.

I have been asked many times “Do you get paid for your magazine articles?” No.
Do I get paid for helping out at Viper Parts of America? Again…No, I volunteer for the club. There are others behind the scenes that work hard, I am just the email King and get the recognition :)

"Jerry" of Viper Parts of America

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your volunteer service Jerry. The VCA is very fortunate to have you as a member.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Have we seen an income/expense statement to show what the VPA has actually contributed to the club? Wasn't there also some questions around who the VPA leases the warehouse space from?

just wondering if we know for sure and how much the profits actually HELP the vca club ? id like to believe they do.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we seen an income/expense statement to show what the VPA has actually contributed to the club? Wasn't there also some questions around who the VPA leases the warehouse space from?

Yes and all of the regional presidents that attended the national meeting two weeks ago were given details about about the financials and asked very good questions of the officers. We covered warehouse locations, forklifts, costs, shipping, overhead, parts inventory, tooling inventory, who gets paid, etc. The presidents should be sharing this information with their membership. Keep an eye out for the financials in the next Viper mag and expect some information to be posted about it in the VCA Members Only section soon afterwards.

Jerry: Thank you for all of you contributions and helping make VPA very successful.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes and all of the regional presidents that attended the national meeting two weeks ago were given details about about the financials and asked very good questions of the officers. We covered warehouse locations, forklifts, costs, shipping, overhead, parts inventory, tooling inventory, who gets paid, etc. The presidents should be sharing this information with their membership. Keep an eye out for the financials in the next Viper mag and expect some information to be posted about it in the VCA Members Only section soon afterwards.

Jerry: Thank you for all of you contributions and helping make VPA very successful.

Why can't a summary thread of the meeting be posted in the Members section?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I would guess that the secretary would be taking notes of the meeting? Would members have access to these? I have long asked that an agenda and call for agenda items be published in the members section.

Why can't a summary thread of the meeting be posted in the Members section?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess that the secretary would be taking notes of the meeting? Would members have access to these? I have long asked that an agenda and call for agenda items be published in the members section.

He just responded in another thread that he is working on it

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/650766-***-Meeting

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchase parts from three sources: PartsRack, Chuck Tator and Viper Parts of America. Although I might find some parts at a slightly better price elsewhere, I rather support the Viper Vendors that have helped us all since the inception of the Viper and Club. VPA is obviously newer to the mix but I also like the idea of supporting the VCA and we should be appreciative that Viper tooling and OEM parts were saved from the scrap yard. I try to equally support them all and will continue to do so.

Reaction score
We will be publishing more about Viper Parts of America in an upcoming issue of VIPER magazine, however here are a few things for starters:
  1. The VCA has been acquiring the original Viper tooling from Chrysler on a steady basis since November of 2010. VPA has been paying 100% of the rigging, transport, and storage of those tools. For example, nine more semi truck loads this coming Monday, February 6th. If anybody doesn't understand the significance of this, let us know.
  2. VPA continues to donate a large amount of product to the regions to raise money, not including door prizes, etc. For example, VPA delivered several parts to the recent Oklahoma holiday party. Those items raised around $1200 that night, with another $300 worth given away in goodie bags. By comparison, the Oklahoma club has a total of 29 members and it receives $1595 for the entire year for those membership dues. VPA donated items that raised over $30,000 in 2010 (including VOI 11) and approximately $25,000 in 2011. There are already over $5,000 worth of donated items in 2012.
  3. VPA donated large raffle prizes on multiple occasions including full wheel sets and tires.
  4. VPA writes checks to regional and national clubs to sponsor events, pay for newsletter advertising, etc. Approximately $15,000 in 2011.
  5. VPA picked up 100% of the technical consulting costs from VCA (Grailkeeper, Inc.), which previously cost the club an easy five figures a year
  6. VPA pays for two large warehouses - one in Detroit (tooling) and one in Kansas (parts). Detroit is a signed lease from an outside company. Kansas is a month-to-month rent from a VCA board member. VPA tried to lease space in that same area, but it was more expensive and required longer terms. As our inventory can and will vary, our space requirements may change and our warehouse requirements may too. As if though taking advantage of that board member's financial generosity isn't enough, his company also donates forklifts and personnel to move and ship heavier parts and bins. VPA recently took in two more semi trucks of parts (seats, dashboards, and a frame) and that board member's people were there to offload them with a forklift - at 6:30 AM on a Sunday morning. We assume that everybody would agree that doing business with a fellow Viper owner is a good thing, especially when they are cheaper for rent than anywhere else and donate a boatload of time and equipment to help the club.
  7. VPA donates all storage and labor to ship not only VPA merchandise, but also all VCA and VIPER magazine purchases. Back issues, posters, VOI swag, DVD's, etc. The money paid on those sites goes directly into the VCA treasury (VPA never sees a penny) and VPA does the rest. There are over 16,000 printed magazines alone (going back to 1995) stored in the VPA Kansas warehouse - enough to fill a garage or collapse an upper floor. VPA shipped 233 orders for the VCA and VIPER magazine over the past three months - eclipsing VPA's own orders shipped.
  8. VPA has cost the VCA and its members zero, nada, zip since it was started over two years ago. Not one penny of member dues or any other VCA funding goes to VPA. Yet in the past year alone VPA has given VCA members $31,323.67 in member discounts. That is off of the already discounted prices, and exclusive to VCA members with current memberships (no winks, no nudges: no active membership = no additional discount). Anywhere from saving $2 on an oil filter to $3599 on a crate engine, with many ending up well below dealer cost (not even Dave gets that pricing). There have been too many times to count that owners have joined the club (or upgraded to Venom) just to get VPA discounts. While club memberships dropped 20% the last time there was no Viper being produced (2007), they actually increased in 2011 - and renewals are already 134% of what they were last year at this time. While obviously not entirely VPA, it certainly helps the club: Every new membership contributes money to your regional club, which in turns allows them to host bigger events, produce better newsletters, etc.
So while a handful might occasionally throw stones in our direction, Viper Parts of America is doing exactly as the VCA board of directors intended when it was first created in January of 2010: Increasing club membership, providing a new funding resource to regions, preserving the Viper for future generations (tooling), and giving VCA members great discounts on often hard-to-find parts.

Now it's back to the warehouse to ship two door bezels, a valve cover gasket, a hub assembly, two magazines, a poster set, three individual posters, two DVD's, three T-shirts, and a VOI 11 coin. Oh yeah, and start taking pictures and looking up prices on over a million nuts, bolts, and shims for Steve. :)

Thanks again for your support.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be publishing more about Viper Parts of America in an upcoming issue of VIPER magazine, however here are a few things for starters:
  1. The VCA has been acquiring the original Viper tooling from Chrysler on a steady basis since November of 2010. VPA has been paying 100% of the rigging, transport, and storage of those tools. For example, nine more semi truck loads this coming Monday, February 6th. If anybody doesn't understand the significance of this, let us know.
  2. VPA continues to donate a large amount of product to the regions to raise money, not including door prizes, etc. For example, VPA delivered several parts to the recent Oklahoma holiday party. Those items raised around $1200 that night, with another $300 worth given away in goodie bags. By comparison, the Oklahoma club has a total of 29 members and it receives $1595 for the entire year for those membership dues. VPA donated items that raised over $30,000 in 2010 (including VOI 11) and approximately $25,000 in 2011. There are already over $5,000 worth of donated items in 2012.
  3. VPA donated large raffle prizes on multiple occasions including full wheel sets and tires.
  4. VPA writes checks to regional and national clubs to sponsor events, pay for newsletter advertising, etc. Approximately $15,000 in 2011.
  5. VPA picked up 100% of the technical consulting costs from VCA (Grailkeeper, Inc.), which previously cost the club an easy five figures a year
  6. VPA pays for two large warehouses - one in Detroit (tooling) and one in Kansas (parts). Detroit is a signed lease from an outside company. Kansas is a month-to-month rent from a VCA board member. VPA tried to lease space in that same area, but it was more expensive and required longer terms. As our inventory can and will vary, our space requirements may change and our warehouse requirements may too. As if though taking advantage of that board member's financial generosity isn't enough, his company also donates forklifts and personnel to move and ship heavier parts and bins. VPA recently took in two more semi trucks of parts (seats, dashboards, and a frame) and that board member's people were there to offload them with a forklift - at 6:30 AM on a Sunday morning. We assume that everybody would agree that doing business with a fellow Viper owner is a good thing, especially when they are cheaper for rent than anywhere else and donate a boatload of time and equipment to help the club.
  7. VPA donates all storage and labor to ship not only VPA merchandise, but also all VCA and VIPER magazine purchases. Back issues, posters, VOI swag, DVD's, etc. The money paid on those sites goes directly into the VCA treasury (VPA never sees a penny) and VPA does the rest. There are over 16,000 printed magazines alone (going back to 1995) stored in the VPA Kansas warehouse - enough to fill a garage or collapse an upper floor. VPA shipped 233 orders for the VCA and VIPER magazine over the past three months - eclipsing VPA's own orders shipped.
  8. VPA has cost the VCA and its members zero, nada, zip since it was started over two years ago. Not one penny of member dues or any other VCA funding goes to VPA. Yet in the past year alone VPA has given VCA members $31,323.67 in member discounts. That is off of the already discounted prices, and exclusive to VCA members with current memberships (no winks, no nudges: no active membership = no additional discount). Anywhere from saving $2 on an oil filter to $3599 on a crate engine, with many ending up well below dealer cost (not even Dave gets that pricing). There have been too many times to count that owners have joined the club (or upgraded to Venom) just to get VPA discounts. While club memberships dropped 20% the last time there was no Viper being produced (2007), they actually increased in 2011 - and renewals are already 134% of what they were last year at this time. While obviously not entirely VPA, it certainly helps the club: Every new membership contributes money to your regional club, which in turns allows them to host bigger events, produce better newsletters, etc.
So while a handful might occasionally throw stones in our direction, Viper Parts of America is doing exactly as the VCA board of directors intended when it was first created in January of 2010: Increasing club membership, providing a new funding resource to regions, preserving the Viper for future generations (tooling), and giving VCA members great discounts on often hard-to-find parts.

Now it's back to the warehouse to ship two door bezels, a valve cover gasket, a hub assembly, two magazines, a poster set, three individual posters, two DVD's, three T-shirts, and a VOI 11 coin. Oh yeah, and start taking pictures and looking up prices on over a million nuts, bolts, and shims for Steve. :)

Thanks again for your support.

Thanks again VPA for all your hard work and for supporting the Viper Club of America! :2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VPA is the best for sure! Keep up the great work, your a much better alternative to my non Viper caring dealership.