Do you know this poor girl????

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was considering buying this poor girl:( and making her nice again, But was wondering if anyone here knows the car or the previous owner. Someone had a TON of money in her. But just don't want to buy someone elses headache that was never put together right and decided to ditch her for the insurance:omg:. It happens:dunno:
Its an 06 with 17k miles at a Copart auto auction in Lexington, KY.

You must be registered for see images

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a car from the site. I watched all his progress as he kept adding mods to the car. I don't know the members name but I'm sure someone will chime in.

ChrisGNJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, that is definitely his. Wow. Hope he's okay.. Looks really bad.:(

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
his car was a featured iForged car.

looks like he rear ended something. It dosn't look THAT bad concidering his airbags didn't go off. Anyone know what seats and shifter that is?

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i dropped it with the eibachs and caps and didn't cut the eibachs, its already sitting pretty low and it still has to settle a little more. ill post pictures once it stops raining.

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, that is definitely Hiss' car. He told me when the accident occured (about 2 months ago) that a truck came over in his lane and ran him off the road. When I asked him if everything was okay he said that he was fine, but couldn't say that about the car. So I knew then that it must have been pretty bad. He was working with the insurance company to try to get it fixed, but apparently they totaled it out on him. However, Gene is fine. He emailed me a few days ago. Total frickin' bummer about that work of art though. I know he loved the car. Hopefully the insurance settled for enough for him to purchase another.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That just blows. Glad he is okay though. Looks like another blue with S/S 5-spoke 06 coupe is striked off the list. Will be salvage title on that car now.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I know that car too, it is hiss's. It ***** to see it like that also but am glad he is eveidently okay. Maybe he'll pipe in and give the skinny to all of us on this. RIP to the car, it was a great one for the memory books. One of the better ones here I think.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad everyone can't get together and agree not to bid on the car so that he can get it back at a good price. Looks like only frontal damage, so there are some good parts there that could be used on another car.

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He once asked which wheels looked better the HRE's in the pic or the stock wheels. I along with others suggested the stock wheels and if he kept it with the stock wheels it would have changed every event preceding the accident and perhaps this accident wouldn't have happened.

No, I am not being serious I am just kidding around and only because he made it out of the accident alright.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the car is in the regular salvage pool auction not in the VIX auction so he has already been paid and insurance owns the car now.

Too bad everyone can't get together and agree not to bid on the car so that he can get it back at a good price. Looks like only frontal damage, so there are some good parts there that could be used on another car.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front left suspension and wheel damaged, all front body panels severely damaged. Driver's side rear quarter panel cracked. Possible damage to the subframe in the front. The radiator, intercooler and other components around that area are probably toast. It was a beauty but it would not make much sense to fix it. Better to buy another 2006 Blue/White coupe and recreate it. I think there is one in the classifieds now.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
As with everything, you would really have to buy this one right. With the prices of unwrecked Vipers being in the toilet, there would not be a lot of margin for error. In looking at the damage, I would have to pass.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing to do is contact Hiss and get the damage apraisal report to find out what needs to be replaced, this way one can make an educated bid on the car.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A closer look at the photo seems to indicate that the engine has been pushed back a bit. If this is the case, there may be damage to the engine.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Frame damage was sustained in his wreck. Lots of work went into his car and hope he made out okay with the insurance company. I hope he gets back into another Viper. It was his baby! He got so much enjoyment out of it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang