Do You Street Race Your Viper???

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it is a no no, but how many people do it compared to others looking the other way...I will post whether I do or not LATER not to sway anyones posting..(Like my opinion matters anyways!!!) :eater::eater::eater:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its just not worth the consequences. It is kinda egotistical, but by owning a Viper I feel I don't have anything to prove. Whether some other car is faster or not, its still not a Viper. My "slow" Viper is still a better, more respected, more loved car than most everything else on the road. If someone has a differing opinion, I really don't care. When they make my car payment, then I'll care what they think.

Last edited:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hell no. Not with the thousands of fines I would incur, potential bodily harm and/or loss of life and the jail time I would receive for doing it around here. The risks outweigh the lame rewards. Plus, unless you live in an area full of exotics whats the point. Not too gratifying to tell your buddies you beat a honda civic with a turbo or some redneck in his turbo 5.0. I can see the occasional 60-100 blast to show some guy in his C5 that his johnson is still tiny, but to actually go all Vin Diesel and go to organized races would be plain stupid.

Thats my rant...pass the Corona! :lmao:

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep. Not near as much as I get older though. I have not been in a street race in almost a year, and I used to make multiple runs on each and every Saturday night. Did I mention that I go to Mexico to do it?

Last edited:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If one does, it's probably not a good idea to post that you do, in case something ever comes up.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do it but not often as I dont drive my car much and when I do, I can never find a worthy opponent. Normally on Sundays I hunt bikes on the freeways, but thats about it. I keep it as safe as possible. No weaving and I make sure there is plenty of room in front of me

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never street race, just plain stupid. BUT, when I am alone and no other cars are around such as back roads or the interstate, I will let my car "breathe" a little bit.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say I have ever street raced in the Viper as my attitude has always been you may be faster but it is still not a VIPER.I have no trouble with most posted speeds unless I am with club members then it rarely seems to drop to rational speeds:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't see the point of it. What are you proving? Who can press down on the gas pedal fastest or farther? Who has more money to spend on horsepower? Who has larger dangly bits ?

There are plenty of dragstrips around.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its just not worth the consequences. It is kinda egotistical, but by owning a Viper I feel I don't have anything to prove. Whether some other car is faster or not, its still not a Viper. My "slow" Viper is still a better, more respected, more loved car than most everything else on the road. If someone has a differing opinion, I really don't care. When they make my car payment, then I'll care what they think.

Chad could not have said it any better, feel the same way.:2tu:

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just like cruising around in mine..its just such a great feeling..and at 53 my brain kicks in when I start bieng stupid...besides as an airline pilot I get to go fast on everytakeoff for a few seconds....

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:shocked:
I know it is a no no, but how many people do it compared to others looking the other way...I will post whether I do or not LATER not to sway anyones posting..(Like my opinion matters anyways!!!) :eater::eater::eater:

Seriously?:drive: Oh my no one with a Viper would ever consider racing someone on the street or highway. That would be just wrong and we are all above such behavior.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the site's posting policies:

The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

'nuf said....right?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhhh, Street Racing .... nothing quite like starting beside some ******** that's been yapping off all night long and looking around later he's way out back. Organized? of course. I guess there's some question as to the definition of street racing. Many small towns have the Races run by cops, with radar guns so that you can know your speed at the end of the quarter. Of course it's safe and sanctioned by the politicians and cops (who do you think shut down the road?).

Lots of tracks??? Not here. In BC the Mission 1/4 mile was sold to the Prov. which sold it to a major company and made millions (read billions for comparison to now) and "forgot" to build the new trackuntil sued by the BCCRA. After 14 years they paid a measley few million towards the new track and volunteers coughed up the rest, THANKS RON FARMER! Now there's a race track in Mission (45mi. from Vancouver). Nearest tradk to me is 350mi (6hrs at speed limit) away.

I hate it when cops and newspapers say "street racing" about every high speed accident whenever anyone is killed. I wouldn't consider an old, stock Honda Civic going 120mph downtown killing someone after running a red light a street race - would you? Just because some idiot (15 years old) drove a Honda as fast as it could go for miles in the most dangerous place in the world kills someone it has to be street racing????

Stupidity maybe. Attempted suicide, probably. ****** -in this case, definitely. Not street racing.

In all my years of organized, group street racing the only accidents I saw were drunks (not racing), stupid people and one case of road rage, one guy did a hairy burnout a few hundred feet then hit the ditch and one car crashed at over 150mph (alone on road - not racing). While racing I've seen 4 cars crash at the race track. I've also seen a few highspeed crashes that were not street racing.

I have "tested" a new Z06, but he wasn't worth racing.

I wouldn't dump the clutch beside another car because my car has too much hp for street tires. If I'm going to use full throttle in my car I want no one beside me (lanes on both sides belong to me for sliding) and no one in front of me. Kinda puts a lot of restrictions on any kinda acceleration test, you know?

Ted

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never race on the streets! :drive: However, I have been known to "out accelerate" others around town. :slomo: Honestly, it's just a bad rap. :dunno:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little dix and low IQ? Then by all means do it. Thanks for dropping out of the gene pool along with the other ***** "racer". Hope you don't take out any normal,rational average IQ people that may by chance be in the way. GTS Bruce

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some California fines for Street Racing (V.C. Section 23109 - Speed Contests).

*Be arrested and have your vehicle impounded for 30 days.
*Be imprisoned for up to three months if convicted of street racing, or aiding or abetting a street race.
*Be fined for up to $1,000.
*Have your driver license revoked.
*Have your vehicle's insurance canceled or premiums dramatically increased.
*Have equipment violations issued.
*Lawyer fees (my own experience)

These fines make taking the Viper to the racetrack and drag strips look really cheap. I've been down this road before; don't want it to happen again...

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi