Do you think $45K will buy a 2006 coupe at years end?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huntington Beach ford has had a 06 copperhead coupe over there for ages. I offered them 58k out the door last october and the manager looked down his nose at me. I was over there all the time. He wouldn't budge. Then in january I found a blue with white stripes at another dealer in costa measa which I stole for 43k and then spent 10 grand on the light ACR wheels tires rotors, exaust, air cleaner, silver dash and maxicare waranty. Now that same copperhead is 48k. I bet one could get that car out the door for 50k or less.....Don't be afraid af the milage. Vipers are not real good investments. You're gonna lose a ton when you sell it so just enjoy it. I babyed my first '03 hoping for a good resale price and still lost a ton. Now I'm going drive it and not even think about resale..or chips in the paint or any thing else.....except tickets. Got my first speeding ticket in my life, not including motorbikes,(I'm 59 )a month after I bought it...Got to buy a Valentine next..

I know that car very well. It used to have a twin which was a Black Coupe but that one had a story and ironically sold first?!? Funny how things work.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coupes in the $45K range is close. Currently nice coupes are in the low 50s because of the weather but once fall and winter come around $45K sounds about right. Last winter coupes were available at this price. One seller in Texas had 4!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the word DEPRECIATION.

You and me both but it also works on the other side too since it allows people to buy $100K Vipers now for $75K or $400K Lamborghinis for $250K!

I sold my RT/10 for 1/3 of MSRP when I was done with it. Sad but it was reality and I could not argue with it as I had a TON of fun with it up until that sad day. Now when I buy my next vehicle, I will just not buy new and allow that first person to take the hit.

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You and me both but it also works on the other side too since it allows people to buy $100K Vipers now for $75K or $400K Lamborghinis for $250K!

I sold my RT/10 for 1/3 of MSRP when I was done with it. Sad but it was reality and I could not argue with it as I had a TON of fun with it up until that sad day. Now when I buy my next vehicle, I will just not buy new and allow that first person to take the hit.

Last year i bought an 08 Lexus IS for $41k. When to trade it in this year and they offered me $23k. First and last brand new car i'll ever in my life buy.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is $46,300 too much for a 23,000 mile '06 convertible in GTS Blue? Reason I ask is that is my "turn in" lease - I have made my last payment ... and that is the payoff ... if a dealer wants to buy (or someone thinks they can get US Bank to sell it straight to them). I don't see why not, dealer pays no tax if buys ... buyer pays tax, no matter who they are buying one from.

Car is great ... no problems with ... can be seen / driven in So FL ... but not driven until I know all is in place with US Bank, etc. Only thing in for me is no $395 turn-in fee ... so I will do, but not beat my brains out for that money.

Dealers? Perhaps too much for them to re-sell and make any profit? But perhaps individual like this one DOES have interest. Only sprayed like 50 or 70 like this (vert in color). Only conv in this color seen in So FL, though there are a couple in FL in entirety I think.

Never mod'd or raced in any way. Rock-solid and again, that can be confirmed ... but potential buyer must deal with US Bank. I already DID prelim's regarding a dealer ... they said I can do that ... if dealer will pay the payoff.

YOU NEED TO NEGOTIATE TO PAY LESS! THE LEASING COMPANIES DO NOT WANT TO HAVE YOU TURN CARS IN, ESPECIALLY SLOW-SELLING SPORTS CARS!

Now that I hopefully have your attention, my lease ran out in December, and I negotiated a huge "discount" off the contractual payoff price (25% off). I got the information from recent auctions such as Mannheim, saw how low the prices were, and made an aggressive offer. They will only get the auction price, not a retail or other price, so you can get yourself educated with that information, let them know you have the information (since they too will look it up), and negotiate the price down significantly.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year i bought an 08 Lexus IS for $41k. When to trade it in this year and they offered me $23k. First and last brand new car i'll ever in my life buy.

I hear you. Can you image what happened to the ISF and M5 customers? $25K off when driven off the lot! No new cars for me!!