Dodge dealership won't service my car?! Who do I call?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge dealership won\'t service my car?! Who do I call?

I went by Morgan Dodge here in Durham, NC which is 5 min from work and has a good Viper tech who I've used a fair amount before. However, when I got there to get my state inspection today, I was informed that they are now enforcing their policy not to service Vipers?! There reason was due to concerns about potentially damaging it while there. And all I wanted was a frickin' inspection?! So, who at DC/Dodge do I call about this?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dodge dealership won\'t service my car?! Who do I call?

Oh my GOD! My guess is that the state inspection folks would havea field day with this - potentially taking away their license. This particular incident sounds like a state issue.

However, as they expand it to encompass warranty work, etc., then I would call the 1 800 customer service number in the back of the Dodge owner's manual. Preferably in front of the Service manager.

Keep me posted, OK? I'd be happy to call them, too.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What they do, demote the Viper Tech?

DC Customer Relations Hotline: 800-992-1997

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For emission's testing/ inspection related issues email:
mailto:[email protected]

To talk to someone on the phone call:

NCDMV's Customer Service Office
919-715-7000

That's the best I could find.

Good luck and giv'em hell.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for all the info! I'm going to ride 'em hard and put 'em up wet! ;)

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess we're in the dark ages down here. No inspections in my part of the woods, emissions or otherwise.

These catz sound like real brainiacs over there.

REMIX

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess we're in the dark ages down here. No inspections in my part of the woods, emissions or otherwise.

These catz sound like real brainiacs over there.

REMIX

Yeah, especially with the owner of the dealership himself owning a viper...whatta tool. I hope he doesn't think he can have the Viper tech work on his car.

Update:

Called DC hotline, was able to lodge a complaint, however, I was told that since these are independently owned franchises, that they have the option to not perform such service. Someone from DC will eventually review the complaint and discuss with the dealership, for whatever good that does.

Got a Durham county # regarding inspections, but it just keeps ringing, so in the meantime I sent an email to the address Ulysses provided.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most of the money you pay, the dealer pockets anyway. Why not pay the actual tech that works on your car? Just hire the tech independently, pay him cash, & everybody wins. (Except for ****** Sam)

Get inspections elsewhere. I wouldn't make a bunch of waves & THEN send my car there to be worked on.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most of the money you pay, the dealer pockets anyway. Why not pay the actual tech that works on your car? Just hire the tech independently, pay him cash, & everybody wins. (Except for ****** Sam)

Get inspections elsewhere. I wouldn't make a bunch of waves & THEN send my car there to be worked on.

Problem is, most of my work is warranty-covered, so can't be done "on the side". If they won't service it, not worried about creating waves :)

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the fact that these emissions/inspections stations are licensed by the state to INSPECT all vehicles that are voluntarily brought to them, as a way to ensure that your vehicle meets the guidelines set down by the EPA, makes them obligated to inspect your vehicle if you choose them as the site to inspect your vehicle. I don't think they can refuse. I believe in doing so compromises their status as an inspection station and they could lose their license. But what do I know, I'm not a lawyer :) .

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They may not be able to refuse, but they could give a failing 'grade' and that would open up a can of whoopass (as we say in the south) not to mention a waste of time and money. Ever see Porky's? You got a headlight out! Crash!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here in Georgia, I own an inspection station. Although we only test for emissions, I can refuse to test any vehicle I deem unsafe or a possible hazard in my shop. I suspect the folks in NC have a similar policy. They must have a good reason not to do you car, since they would be losing a sale by turning you away. Just go to another inspection stattion. John

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Maryland Emissions Testing Stations have 'refused' to test Vipers for years now. They just issue you a 2 year waiver because they do not wish to attempt to put low clearance sports cars on their dyno and risk damage. They did not
'look' with mirrors for cats, did not insert the tailpipe test wand,
and did not take the fee ( hard to figure that one).

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If that story wasn't to SAD it would be funny! I can't believe they wouldnt do a freakin inspection! Amazing!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If that story wasn't to SAD it would be funny! I can't believe they wouldnt do a freakin inspection! Amazing!

No $hit, that's about as dumb as it gets. Wonder if they'd do the same if someone drove up in their Ferrari? Their Mercedes XYZ? Wonder where the cutoff would be...

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It seems I know of a resonably good viper tech that won't refuse to work on vipers.He even travels long distances to fix cars.I wonder who that could be????If he's name come to mind I'll let you know..Didn't this guy install a trans in your car at VIR last July??Just can't remember his name.O well maybe it will come to me :) :)

Tom
Viper Tech
D@E Dodge
Wilmington NC

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Slaughter, come to VA LOL!!
State law says they MUST inspect!
I took mine to the Chevy dealer where the Vette tech that worked on the Z-06 was. HE let me drive it back and do all the light stuff. It attracted quite a crowd as all the other techs stopped work to take a look!
Good luck!