Dodge Viper Fan Control Kit

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has one of these installed on their vipers, its from roe racing..... what are your thoughts,,, I heard they drain your battery...

Thanks

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One tuner told me he quit seling them after a short ruined a PCM. Just gossip. Did not happen to me personally.

Reaction score
Did not happen to me personally.

Then I would suggest you get that tuner to post and keep the rumors and non-first-hand info to a minimum!

I've had the kit on my car for almost 4 years....make that 5....no problems whatsoever.

Take all the info at face value and you'll get your moneys worth!

Reaction score
Is Roe the only one that makes one of these?

Thanks,
Cal :hitfan:

Far as I know, yes, I would suggest the timer as well....though your mileage may vary. I think I have only thought "I wish I had the timer" about 3 times in 5 years. I did end up adding a switch, which helps at times if I am uncomfortable with the length of time the fan has run (not very often).

Hope that helps. :)

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, you may or may not need the fan. I got one as here in Sacramento the temp often exceeds 100 in the summer and the fan will run for quite awhile. My battery did go shortly afte installing it but the replacement battery did fine with it. The fan control eventually died due to corrosion that ran up the wire and killed the relay. Have not got around to getting a new relay yet.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had mine for about six months with no problems, I also installed a manual jump for the Roe circuit relay so I can manually switch the fan on, works great!!!

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jeff I live in Brentwood, about an hour from you with similarly super hot summer temps.

When the fan control was working, how much did it drop the temp?

Thanks,
Cal

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My '98 GTS had one installed by the previous owner. Turns out he wired it wrong - tapping into the fans high setting instead of the low setting. It entirely melted the relay and all wiring nearby. I'm lucky it stopped at that. Needless to say I gutted the whole sha-bang.

I've heard they're great and help deter heat-sink. Just WIRE IT CORRECTLY!!!!

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put the roe racing unit on my gts and it ran flawlessly the five years or so i owned the car _ the wiring insrtuction are extremely clear so wiring it in correctly is a no brainer >>>>>>>> not to mention mr roe is alwayts available to help

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cal Cobra
Not sure I ever sat in it with the key on to see. I did pump a lot ** heat out the hood vents. Worked great with the timer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang