Does anyone collect Slot Cars? (pic inside)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a box of slot cars from about 10 years ago. But if I recall, they're not ...were they called "womps"?. Don't remember, but they're all international 15 and 27 cars??? I barely recall their classification. I believe I also have a 7. I DO remember spending a LOT of money (well not by Viper standards) and a LOT of time building motors, frames and bodies and cutting armatures. That memory just came out of nowhere!
laugh.gif

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I "collect" older 1/24 scale slot cars. This looks like a 1/32(?). The companies "FLY" and Carrera" come to mind as current makers of scale-accurate slot cars, especially in the 1/32 scale (there are a lot of choices in this scale, MANY subjects have been replicated, including many variaties of VIPER).

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Jason..this is a special edition put out by Fly..they have about 3-4 special (different) boxed vipers like this and about another 20-30 in the regular plastic packages...they are readily found on eBay or if you want I can put you in touch with a guy in Germany I get mine from......
There is one FLY Viper (Pace Car) that is so rare..it goes for $600-$1000!!! YIKES!!

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have about a 1/2 dozen so far and they look really nice. The 1/32 scale is a bit on the small side, however they do have great graphics.

I should have another 20 being delivered this week. The best way to get a good deal is to find a dealer and work a package. Ebay has some, but they seam to be a little on the high end of the price scale.

If you purchase S-200 it comes with a book that list all the vipers in it. The s-200 is numbered up to 4000. Here one of the many s-200 for sale on ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758703298

Vipernut, let me know if you come across a E-2? I still need one.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yeah....CODY......I STILL need that one too..(so I'd have to find 2...one for me and one for you)....maybe we could work a deal. with someone for 2??!!....how much would you spend?) ....I think I have the rest of the Flys......they are so cool!! .....Did ya see the E2 on EBAY go for about $660......not a bad price..all things considered...
I might have bid more BUT I'd just won the Mattel Birthday Viper and that tapped out my resources ...(for awhile ; ) !)
If you've got 20 coming all at once....you must have gotten a great deal.....how much did ya pay?? ALSO does THAT guy have an extra E2 or 2??!!

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, I saw the E2 on ebay.

My dealer has 1 E2, but he still won't sell it.

The package deal was way cheaper than buying them piece by piece, but it takes the fun out of looking for them 1 at a time.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vipernut:
Yeah....CODY......I STILL need that one too..(so I'd have to find 2...one for me and one for you)....maybe we could work a deal. with someone for 2??!!....how much would you spend?) ....I think I have the rest of the Flys......they are so cool!! .....Did ya see the E2 on EBAY go for about $660......not a bad price..all things considered...
I might have bid more BUT I'd just won the Mattel Birthday Viper and that tapped out my resources ...(for awhile ; ) !)
If you've got 20 coming all at once....you must have gotten a great deal.....how much did ya pay?? ALSO does THAT guy have an extra E2 or 2??!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>