Does anyone get a thumping sound at the back of the car...

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
n my 02 gts when I take of and it spins just a little I get like a thumping sound at the back almost like something is hitting up against something else... I have 20" I forged wheels on the back that grip really good and put a wood house tranny mount in last summer, almost feels like the mount is broke but ya wouldn't think it would be....

Reaction score
More then likely wheel hop, If you did not change the engine mounts also they are a bigger factor then the trans mount, that is why I never recommend just the trans mount alone.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get wheel hop that creates the thumping your describing on certain types of pavements.

try easing into the throttle... haha

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you feel it or just hear it? Wheel hop is typically felt. If it's just a noise, I would check the diff mount bolt torque and condition of the bushings.

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
\
Maybe the ****** in the trunk regained consciousness and wants out.

awesome lol no I only did the trans mount maby I should order the 2 motor mounts too, and ya u can feel it and hear it both only way I don't get it is to really come on to it if ya want a do a little burnout. and im also running 36 pounds of air in the back tires, and they hook un real!!

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while you are at it get a polymer trans mount . $26 and change . got it for a gm car , fit perfect also helps in shifting . good luck .

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while you are at it get a polymer trans mount . $26 and change . got it for a gm car , fit perfect also helps in shifting . good luck .

+1

Energy Suspension sell one at most of the auto parts chains. Exact match to the GM. Trans mount.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960