Does anyone know Bernie Katz (BJ Motors)?

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been researching Vipers for some time now and am getting ready to purchase my first Viper after looking at several.

This is my first post so please be patient as I learn all that I can. I have been reading material on VCA for several months now but still need to learn more.

I am very interested in a Viper that Bernie Katz (BJ Motors in Goochland, VA)has in his inventory. From the web site and after speaking to him, he appears to know his Vipers but I would like to know if anyone can provide me with anymore insite as to his reputation.

Please feel free to PM with your responses.

Thanks

Larry

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stand up guy and a huge supporter of the viper. Definitely would recommend him. Pm me if you want

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie will always do the customer right. Has some of the nicest cars in the country. You're in good hands with him :2tu:

What are you getting, SRT-10 convert or Coupe?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never heard a bad thing about him.

SEARCH FEATURE
Almost every question you can think of has already been asked and answered! In some cases, the information may be out of date and a new thread will be needed, but in many cases, an answer to your question may be under 10 seconds away!

The VCA Web Forums has a search feature very similar to web search engines like Google. By typing in a few words, it will search all old posts since the website was created to find words matching what you typed in. Be mindful though, the more words you type the fewer results you will get as it will try to find posts only with all of the words you types. In saying that as well, by using words like “The” and “It” you will get hundreds if not thousands of threads. I might suggest sticking to main words. Also try to avoid year specific searches. It will block out a lot of good info. For example:

“What is the best exhaust system for my 2006”

It might be better as:

“best exhaust”

To do a search, click on Search located in the center of the Directional Information Toolbar. If you are wanting a quick overall search, just type in the words in the search box. For this example, we will go with an Advanced Search as you can further clarify your search parameters.

Once you have clicked on Search, click Advanced Search located under the Quick Search field.

Type in the key words you want to search for. Once you have typed in your key words, click on the drop down arrow on the Search All Open Forums tab located on the lower right side of the Search page if you would like to clarify your search. Choose a specific forums you would like the question searched under. In some cases this is not needed but if you are wanting the best exhaust for your 2008, you will not want the threads from the 1992 cars. This feature helps to cut down on the amount of non-applicable information that will be presented to you. Do remember though, by selecting the one section you are narrowing down the number of places the search will look. If there was a thread in the Racing section, and you only selected the SRT section, you will not see that information. This menu can be useful if used correctly.

Once complete, click Search and see your answers! Feel free to play, there is no limit to the amount of searches you can do!

OP
OP
H

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Guys.

I did not expect so many replies in just a few minutes.

This really makes me feel better about this deal.

99R/T 10: I am looking at a SRT - 10 coupe.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie is not only a known and respected/knowledgable Viper dealer, but many other exotics as well - he's also a sponsoring dealer in the Ford GT community :2tu:

Good Luck!
Jim

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is back and forth between Texas (Tomball) and Virginia. His Va business is nearby.

You can also check him out on the Ford GT forum. He has solds GTs and I believe still does.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from him and you will pay a little more for the car than you would buying private but you will be guarenteed a TOP quality car with no stories when buying from him. He is one of the few people I would buy from sight unseen. He is an expert and goes over the cars with a fine toothed comb and only deals in the best of the best. He is also a pleasure to deal with.

Which car are you looking at?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bernie is partners with TomBall and has his own dealership as well. Great reputation.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
one of the few places I would buy a viper "sight unseen". It will be as he describes it, and he usually only has top quality stuff.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you purchase from him (which I highly recommend that you do) be sure to take a tour of his warehouses. He has some amazing hardware.

Bernie is first class. I too wouldn’t hesitate to purchase from him sight unseen.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never heard a bad thing about him.

SEARCH FEATURE
Almost every question you can think of has already been asked and answered! In some cases, the information may be out of date and a new thread will be needed, but in many cases, an answer to your question may be under 10 seconds away!

The VCA Web Forums has a search feature very similar to web search engines like Google. By typing in a few words, it will search all old posts since the website was created to find words matching what you typed in. Be mindful though, the more words you type the fewer results you will get as it will try to find posts only with all of the words you types. In saying that as well, by using words like “The” and “It” you will get hundreds if not thousands of threads. I might suggest sticking to main words. Also try to avoid year specific searches. It will block out a lot of good info. For example:

“What is the best exhaust system for my 2006”

It might be better as:

“best exhaust”

To do a search, click on Search located in the center of the Directional Information Toolbar. If you are wanting a quick overall search, just type in the words in the search box. For this example, we will go with an Advanced Search as you can further clarify your search parameters.

Once you have clicked on Search, click Advanced Search located under the Quick Search field.

Type in the key words you want to search for. Once you have typed in your key words, click on the drop down arrow on the Search All Open Forums tab located on the lower right side of the Search page if you would like to clarify your search. Choose a specific forums you would like the question searched under. In some cases this is not needed but if you are wanting the best exhaust for your 2008, you will not want the threads from the 1992 cars. This feature helps to cut down on the amount of non-applicable information that will be presented to you. Do remember though, by selecting the one section you are narrowing down the number of places the search will look. If there was a thread in the Racing section, and you only selected the SRT section, you will not see that information. This menu can be useful if used correctly.

Once complete, click Search and see your answers! Feel free to play, there is no limit to the amount of searches you can do!

Great post. Typing "Katz" got me over 175 posts on the subject. Fancy that.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased my 2003 from him at BJ Motors last April. He, and his wife Graciela are good people, and was one of the easiest car-buying experiences I've ever had.

Highly recommended.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I totally agree with all the comments others have made in this thread. I just happened to be in Tomball last week and called Bernie to see if he could meet me at the "VAULT". Even though it was last minute and it was his day off, he jumped in his truck, drove 20 minutes and met me at the dealership. He spent over an hour showing me the vast array of Vipers which are now located in two different buildings. Also, when you ask him a question, he will give you an honest answer. Very knowlegeable, very personalbe, all around great guy........ You can buy from him with 100% confidence!!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I picked up mine from his Goochland, VA warehouse. It was the only car there (at least that I saw) at that time. Maybe he trailers them back from Texas?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Houston (Tomball) area is now his main HQ location. He probably has over 100 new Vipers in stock down here, it is something to behold in person. Bernie has a top-notch reputation, nice guy in person too.

Tony

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice guy in person. Have spoken with him at the past 2 viper days events at tws. Good Guy!

tiger6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up mine from his Goochland, VA warehouse. It was the only car there (at least that I saw) at that time. Maybe he trailers them back from Texas?

Bernie has a smaller inventory in Va. Some nice cars.
You will not find a more honest and just plain good person to work with in buying a car-any car-than Bernie. His reputation is rock solid and you will enjoy the entire pre and post purchase process if you decide to work with him. Highly recommended.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE:I am very interested in a Viper that Bernie Katz (BJ Motors in Goochland, VA)has in his inventory.)

Wow,this is only about 30 miles from where i live. Didn't even know about it. I need to get out more! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang