Does anyone know SSG SE ACR #16 of 30?

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife and I have been keeping our eyes out for any Snakeskin Green ACR with black Center band Vipers that show up on the market.
#16 of 30 that happens to be near Orlando FL has shown up on a popular auction site.
Nothing looks wrong about the car but I asked the seller if they were a member of the VCA and even told them my username.
They did say yes but said it was none of my business who they are on this site; this has me curious as to why.

So I am just curious if anyone happens to know this car or the owner?
Just trying to find out more background about the cars history.
Thanks
Ray

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...If it starts off that way, chances of it ending well are slim. Wouldn't trust much that Seller told me after that response.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to buy that car in 2010 but didnt work out. I belive I saw it in 2011 at a Viper club event in Orlando. Saw it on the auction site to seemed like a low price. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is currently on it's 3rd 5 day auction and it has not gotten to the reserve price the previous 2 times.
The bidders may just be trying to steal it with low $ amounts.

Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the owner on the phone about the same Viper a few days ago and he was pleasant and knowledgeable.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this last night on ebay and it looks sweet.
When you say "I asked the seller if they were a member of the VCA" was that via phone or email?
Sometimes email has a way of coming across the wrong way is why I'm asking and people feel very guarded... but on the phone they tend to loosen up a bit when the realize they're talking to a real person who is genuinely interested in their car.
Then there is always the possibility the guy is just a ****! You never know with email sometimes.
Mike

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this last night on ebay and it looks sweet.
When you say "I asked the seller if they were a member of the VCA" was that via phone or email?
Sometimes email has a way of coming across the wrong way is why I'm asking and people feel very guarded... but on the phone they tend to loosen up a bit when the realize they're talking to a real person who is genuinely interested in their car.
Then there is always the possibility the guy is just a ****! You never know with email sometimes.
Mike

I agree. When selling previous vipers, I always get at least one person who is just combing for information. I've even had dealers call posing as private individuals. No offense to you, but without knowing if they are serious or not, I may get a little guarded myself. I also noticed this for sale, and seriously doubt it will be around long. The car looks very clean and well cared for, and one SMOKIN price. It will be along time before you'll seeanother se for that price. Someone will grab it, if you dont.

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there were 3 in the area. #30 was sold out of the area. I'm not sure of the #'s on the other 2. I did see one of them at one of the local VCA meets a couple of months ago.

jdmatlanta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For the person who posted this thread, I own the car and Sending me an email asking for my personal information right out of cyberspace is very bizarre to me. My SSG SE 16/30 is awesome and anyone who gets it will love it like I do.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car. I think the OP was just trying to see if anyone knew you or if you knew anyone here who might have something good to say. Might be apprehensive as it is sometimes a big deal to buy something sight unseen from someone you don't know. GLWS

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, if the OP has your user name, they potentially can search your past posts here to see what mods, issues, or informative history is available on you car.

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The owner of the car created an ”avatar” avatar yesterday so they could post on this forum?? Odd.. Have that car thoroughly inspected by a reputable viper expert!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The owner of the car created an ”avatar” avatar yesterday so they could post on this forum?? Odd.. Have that car thoroughly inspected by a reputable viper expert!

Agree. Plus, I really don't see the problem. The OP (am.mscl) said that he was a member here and gave his user name when he asked for the info. Why wouldn't someone looking at a $70k+ Viper, perform due diligence.?

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this car not advertised for sale in the vca classifieds? A SSG acr is a desirable car and would bring top price in the viper community.. (unless there is incriminating info floating on vca forums) Too many red flags on this sale

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Flags? Did someone post a carfax report that I missed or something? *** is wrong with some of you folks. Most of you aren't even in the market.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this car not advertised for sale in the vca classifieds? A SSG acr is a desirable car and would bring top price in the viper community.. (unless there is incriminating info floating on vca forums) Too many red flags on this sale

That seems like it would make sense...but it's completely untrue. It brings top dollar from a first time buyer

jdmatlanta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No avatar here. I am really disappointed with some of the assumptions about my car. I have nothing to hide and nothing is worth me tarnishing my name that I have worked hard to establish

please see below from Don Boston, my login wasn't working. as stated in my ebay auction with my phone number 770-317-3737 please feel free to call me about the car. Anyone can see the car before purchasing if they would like.

Regards J

You should be able to login now, using the username of jdmatlanta

On 9/10/2012 10:27 AM, [email protected] wrote:
Name: J -----------
Member Number: 26155
Username: 26155

I am having difficulty logging in, please help

This message has been posted through the "contact us" form located at http://www.viperclub.org/contact.php

--
Don Boston
Viper Club of America
Site Programmer/Web Master

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... The man just wants to sell his Viper and not his kidney! I will remember all of this and disclose my screen name, full name, last four digits of social security number and I may throw in copy of my driver license whenever I decide to sell my Viper!

Looks like the whole thing is a simple misunderstanding. The Viper community is a wonderful group of people and we all appreciate eachother for the passion we have for the Viper and everything that car evokes in us!

Last edited:

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the real issue here is 2 fold. The car is listed on an auction site and not on the vca site. Next I think the price is low for what most think is a desireable car. Those 2 things might make people a little skeptical. If the car is straight up as it seems to be, someone will be getting a deal. Unless I fall on hard times, I would not sell mine for that. Good luck seller.

jdmatlanta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mopar488 I agree with you that my car is worth more, but no one has offered even what I'm asking. Many people who contact me make me feel that they are trying to steal it. I didn't think listing my car on ebay was a negative thing to do but many members do have the same concern as you. I sold my 2006 Viper in 2008 on ebay and it was a very nice transaction. I think ebay gives me much more exposure.

J

jdmatlanta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By Popular Demand The Car Is Listed On VCA, Let's See If It Changes Things, J

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$ 82K is a low price ? Some of these were bought new for not much more than that, low nineties at the most.
A 10% loss for a 3 year old car ---that is pretty good in my book.
This is of course based on a interested buyer viewpoint......:D

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$ 82K is a low price ? Some of these were bought new for not much more than that, low nineties at the most.
A 10% loss for a 3 year old car ---that is pretty good in my book.
This is of course based on a interested buyer viewpoint......:D

I dont think so. Left over, bottom of the barrel color 2009's were sold at those prices, by one or two dealers. SE 2010's were never sold new in that range.

I knew this car would sell quick, and feel bad the seller had to deal with this thread. It will be a LONG time before another SE comes on the market at this price range. So I hope the OP doesnt regret missing the opportunity, for what (to me, at least) doesnt seem like a decent enough reason.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the real issue here is 2 fold. The car is listed on an auction site and not on the vca site. Next I think the price is low for what most think is a desireable car. Those 2 things might make people a little skeptical. If the car is straight up as it seems to be, someone will be getting a deal. Unless I fall on hard times, I would not sell mine for that. Good luck seller.

Unfortunately you are going to be shockingly dismayed at what your car is worth, take it from me.
Regardless of the color, or the "fame" dealers are really low balling trade ins because they are expecting an influx of cars and don't want to be saddled with older cars. The dealer from whom I purchased my "famous" color Gen 4 ACR told me he basically didn't want it. A year after telling me it was sure to be the most collectible ACR of all. LOL...

Been trying to move my Gen 2 Blue and white for a while now. Perfect condition car, very low 15K on it. You would think an easy sell. But it isn't. People don't want to pay 40+ for a 15 year old car regardless of what it is or how well cared for. It's just too much. I know their are some guys on here with low mileage Gen 2's they have put away and think they have a gold mine in their garage. Going to wish they had driven it and enjoyed it when they find out it s mid 30K car on its best day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21