does anyone know the full story of this video?

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Red">link removed by eddie</FONT c>

sorry.. no harm intended, although i would still like to know some more details for educational purposes..

- eddie -

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the airbags deploy when he hits the tires, but the car continues past the tires to the trees. Ouch.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought the driver asked that this video be removed from circulation? I didn't even think it was still around...

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats Sam K and Sean Roe in his hennesy (RIP). I think he wanted the video removed...

I've seen much of the video. If you notice, Sean actualy grips the E-brake so hard he pulls the cover off!

I've seen the after photos... not pretty.

MM

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a reason why no after photos were ever posted? I'd really like to see them.

Also what was the story behind the failed brakes? Or was this one of these- We'll settle as long as no one ever talks about it?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd talk to sam directly... I don't want to get in trouble for commenting
smile.gif

MM

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
I thought the driver asked that this video be removed from circulation? I didn't even think it was still around...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did ask for this to be removed and not posted awhile back.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I saw this video a good while back, however, I do have one observation:

Does it appear that the car massively pushed off the course when entering too hot?

For loss of brakes, is that the way you would want a car set up?

Keep in mind that I used to think I could drive, if the rear would have started coming out, wouldn't there have been a chance to steer the car with the throttle?

Of course, crash safety is probably the best for a hit in the front with the air bags and all...

Tom

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What could cause such a massive lost of braking (assuming the drive had no prior signs of fade?) Wouldn't something tell you that the brakes were compromised?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say total loss of brakes and the driver decided to go head on as the safest way to take the impact. If he came in too hot and locked the brakes then why grab the e-brake?

I must say the passenger was a cool headed dude...even telling the driver to turn the ignition off after the crash. I think for most the event would have sent most people into a slight panic.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ouch!

I had to search for that, but found it. Looks like the car was red in the vid, but maybe they changed the color to conceal the identity. Wasn't Sam's yellow?

Glad everyone is ok..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc