Does anyone know Viper.Paul on ebay?

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or have contact with Don Sharf automotive? I purchased used gen II heads from him on ebay on 2-16-09. Money was withdrawn from my account on 2-17-09. Here it is the 27th and I haven't heard a thing from them. Have left him a message on ebay, emailed Don Sharf Auto directly and called and left a message with Paul but have not heard back. If anyone knows him and can get in touch with him, I would appreciate it. I'm very close to leaving negative feedback as my car is just sitting at the dealer waiting for parts to come in which I have been given no ETA on.

Chip

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paul is tough to get a hold of at times but id bet my money on him. he's helped me a few times

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul is a good guy.. 10 days might be jumping the gun a bit, with neg. feedback. I'd bet it will show up shortly.

OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Suprisingly, it literally just showed up. 11 days wouldn't be bad if I had been given an ETA of 11 days. My concern was I would get in touch with them and find out that it is just shipping. Most places nowadays send a tracking number out when something gets shipped, which is very helpful. I had checked on here before ordering and heard good things though. Thanks for the feedback

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dealt with Paul before and no problems. glad you got the heads today.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it took him 10 days to get the money from your acct, what did you expect from that point ?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its tough when your car is down, or on the shop.. Yesterday is not quick enough.. BUT, he has always done right by me..

OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it took him 10 days to get the money from your acct, what did you expect from that point ?

I'm sorry, where are you getting that it took 10 days for him to get the money from my account?? Money was taken by the day after I purchased on ebay, the 17th. Part arrived 10 days later. My complaint is not that it took 10 days to ship, it's that I was not given any estimate on when to expect it. Even if they didn't give me the tracking number, it's pretty easy to shoot someone an email and say, "hey, I shipped it today".

Boxes are pretty badly damaged. I'm glad I got insurance. At first glance, the heads appear ok, but I'll have to take my viper tech's word for it when he sees them. From everyone's feedback it seems Paul is a standup guy so, if there are problems, i'm sure it will get worked out. Thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because the money was taken from your account, doesn't mean he got it at the same time. If it was an E-check, it can take 7-10 days to clear. Paul is good stuff, no worries with him.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul is good people, bought several items from him over the last couple of years. Never had an issue. 7-10 days sounds about right. If I need something in hurry, I'll call before the transaction and let him know to expedite.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from there with a pickup load of goodies tonite. Paul would never screw anybody intentionally. He's hard to get ahold of but always treats people with respect. (even if they don't deserve it)
Outstanding service and great guy.

Hope he reads this and saw me suckin' up real good.:D

I'm positive if you would have told him you needed it fast, he would have made sure of it.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the contrary, I've never had a problem getting a hold of him. Once he was traveling, but when I called after he was supposed to be back in the shop, well, he was back in the shop.

And in regards to tracking numbers etc being sent out to the customer, unfortunately places like Amazon and every other big box on-line retailer taints that for the small businesses that don't automatically provide that info. But we still expect it.

Glad you got your parts. Hope you won't have any more trouble with the local Honda club after this build... :D

OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, I think my posts are not being read in the way I am intending. I have absolutely no problems waiting 10 days for a part, but I would like to have some idea when I order something of when it ships. This has nothign to do with the fact that I didn't get the part for 10 days or the price, both were very reasonable for heads. I just want to be kept in the loop. BUT everything seems good right now

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to side with the Chipster on this one. I don't care how great a guy someone is or how polite they are or how small or large their operation is...good/great customer service, includes answering the phone, quickly responding to voice mails, actually responding to emails...giving shipping info to the customer. Somebody in his operation ships his stuff...a simple phone call or e-mail to the customer at that time is not asking too much. It couldn't possibly take very much additional time...all the customer information is right there when they do the shipping.

Let the flaming continue...bring it on...I'm a big boy...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to side with the Chipster on this one. I don't care how great a guy someone is or how polite they are or how small or large their operation is...good/great customer service, includes answering the phone, quickly responding to voice mails, actually responding to emails...giving shipping info to the customer.

I agree that I am more satisfied as a customer whenever I receive a tracking number or notification of shipment. It takes the uncertainty out of the transaction. I do get that kind of service from some small parts places I've dealt with, and is one reason that I like to deal with them.

Including UPS ground scheduling, that shipping time is pretty normal, and longer wouldn't be unusual.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have ever been to pauls place you will know he is on the phone with many calls holding all the time. I was just there and it is hard to even talk to him as he is so busy. It is nice to get a tracking number but by no means is it bad to ship the product on time without one. I am sure if someone would ask for the tracking number while the order was being placed it would be no problem.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Others businesses do, he doesn't.

Appears to just be the way it is.

I doubt he's losing sleep or business over this. Matter of fact, probably some good advertisement here.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe left you a bit alarmed by not knowing. That's understandable. Unfortunately all the good tuners, builders, shops etc stay busy most of the time. (still no excuse)

But I've also dealt with Paul many times. He's never let me down. A+ guy. I'm sure we all could improve on a few things and unfortunately millions of phone calls can easily sidetrack you :) Just go by the type of guy he is. Staight shooter and not out to do anybody wrong.

Todd
A&C Performance
41665 Eastman Dr Suite 20
Murrieta CA 92562

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I've also dealt with Paul many times. He's never let me down. A+ guy. I'm sure we all could improve on a few things and unfortunately millions of phone calls can easily sidetrack you :) Just go by the type of guy he is. Staight shooter and not out to do anybody wrong.

Todd said it best!:2tu:

OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Possible issue which I will explain later once everything is worked out with all parties involved.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, so the story is that the heads were bad. My viper tech installed the heads and after installation the car was started. The car ran rough and there was a misfire in the 2nd cylinder. Upon further determination, there is a burnt valve. I spoke with Paul who asked why the heads were not checked before installed and I said because you said they were "good, clean" heads on the ebay ad. I'm waiting to hear how this situation in going to be remedied but unless Paul decides to back his word, i'm going to be out the money for 8 hours labor, head gaskets and intake manifold gaskets. All of which I will have to replace again. I will let you guys know the outcome

OP
OP
C

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Paul has been a stand up guy and is going to cover the costs for removing, repairing and reinstalling the faulty head. So it looks like i'm not going to be out any additional money. My viper tech double checked all the cyl compressions and everything is great except the one cyl. Based on this, I would not hesitate to order parts from Paul in the future if you need some used parts.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully your mechanic is discounting his rework costs since he did not check over the heads before assembly. Part of why one hires a professional mechanic is for his expertise and experience. Anyone can make a mistake, forget or overlook something, and they should not be unduly penalized for something like this; but they should share in the extra costs, IMHO.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully your mechanic is discounting his rework costs since he did not check over the heads before assembly. Part of why one hires a professional mechanic is for his expertise and experience. Anyone can make a mistake, forget or overlook something, and they should not be unduly penalized for something like this; but they should share in the extra costs, IMHO.

He put them on without looking at the valves?? Pretty hard to miss a burnt valve. Did he wash them prior to installing? If he did a good cleaning job, he would have seen a burnt valve. If he didn't clean them, what else got in your engine.
I don't think you have a very good mechanic.:dunno:

They should have gotten a thorough cleaning before assy even if they were sealed from factory. You don't know what's in them!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang