Does anyone make a 2 inch seat lowering kit that moves?

splochocki

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only 2 kits i've found don't move.
My wife needs to be able to drive the car.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put the Northwind Engineering 2 inch drop kit in my RT/10, and, looking at the mechanism, it's hard to imagine any way to get that much drop and retain the adjusting hardware.
Can you get by with the adjustable 1 inch drop kit they sell? Or, can she fit in the two-inch drop by adjusting the pedals forward?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get some pillows for her to sit on and put behind her back and she'll be OK. :laugh:
Since he has a Gen I, the pedals are not adjustable. Not sure if there are any aftermarket kits for that?

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. The wife could not drive my GTS because of the seat lowering kit so I had to buy her an SRT 10!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe SVS modded the drivers seat in my car, as I sit much lower than the 1" drop and the seat is fully adjustable. Feels like a 3" drop. Not sure what they did, as they did it to the car prior to me owning it, but it is awesome. I am 6'3 and can wear a helmet with the top on and not touch the top of the roof with it, AND the seat is adjustable.

Manny

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem.
My wife is 5'4'' and I am 6'6''.

If you have a welder you can modify the original seat rack. However it takes some dexterity. You can gain 2-3 inches but the seat's angle will change. Your legs will have less support consequently long trips will be exhausting.

I unmounted the driver's seat Sunday evening. However I didn't have time to analyse in detail the modifications due to the Boston-Montreal hockey match.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difficult to lower the seat more than 2 inches. It is possible but the seat will not be right in fron of the steering wheel.

I was thinking about buying a seat lowering kit. I am a tall guy however my wife is small. After having analyzed the situation I concluded that my wife could not drive the Viper with a seat lowering kit.

I also discovered that the seat never reached it most back position. Due to the Cockpit's form it is not easy to push the seat back to its end position. So I hit a few times the seat and after 5 minutes battle I managed to push back the seat to the last mark on the rails. I gained around 3/4 inches. I also adjusted the pedals. There is a screw right below the steering wheel to advance or reverse the position of the pedals. Finally I discovered that if I drive the Viper with bare feet I also gain at least an inch in my position. All these adjustments allowed me to arrange my position in the Viper so that now I sit very comfortable and I no longer thing about a seat lowering kit.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I modified the rear mounts for mine. I took the seat out and actually cut the rear mount off and shortened it as much as I could. I figure probably about 1 to 1&1/2 inches. It tilts the seat back so it seams like more. Gives me support under my thighs where I needed it and also lowered it. Plenty of room with soft top on and wearing my hat, doesn't touch top. Kinda turned my viper seat into a lazy-boy!!!! I'm about 6-1 with my boots on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper