Does anyone use a car lift?

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying a car lift to double the storage space in my garage. I have seen three types advertised:

Double-Park
Revolution
Backyard Buddy

Does anyone have experience with any of these?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, if you haven't met Steve yet, you need to get to the next club meeting! He's got all the answers to your Viper questions!
Heck, he'd probably let you use his lift just so he could help you with your Viper! :D

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have seen they are all very similar. Most are hydraulic up via cables and gravity down. Works pretty well overall. Most are also internal sliders in the posts (I avoided any with an external slider due to cleanliness concerns). Most allow or provide jack bridges, pans, etc. And most also have an optional kit with rollers to allow the lift to be rolled around.

I have a Stinger, which has all of the qualities mentioned above. I don't see it advertised like most. However it is a very capable lift with strong components. Points of comparison lift to lift include:
A/C requirements
hardware (locks, etc.)
ramp length and weight
accessories included
type of hydraulic motor and system (not sure I could judge this myself)

Good luck

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double Park is not bad and they seem to sell a few lifts. Did I buy one? NO. They are in Kansas and I am in Kansas and I still did not buy one. They make reference that they support ANSI 153.1 (1990 standard) but this was replaced with ANSI/ALI ALCTV (1998 Standard). It could be that DoubleP does not support the new standard because they are not a ALI member?

The number one lift in the world is Rotary. They make the Revolution Model lifts.

So many of the lift manufacturers make up their own standard. This scares me.

If a lift is any good, it should be ALI certified. Take a look at the ALI members: Rotary, Bend-Pak, Mohawk, Hunter, Koni and other big names.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like you're all set with the lift but I thought I'd add that the previous owner of the house a just bought had a Bend-Pak 4 post lift installed in the third garage bay so I bought it along with the house. One more reason why I don't have a Viper yet... Give me a couple more years.

BTW, I've been lurking for a few days but this is my first post. This looks like a great resource for helping me pick out the perfect Viper when the time is right.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian --

We're here to help and there are several Viper owners in your neck of the woods too. Come to a Motor City Viper Owners club event and you'll meet some great people and get some good info. Go to: http://www.mcvo.net/

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cytech Double Park. I had one installed a week ago. Awesome. The people are top notch.
I'm not sure about this "standard", my uncle has had this lift for three years and it is perfect.
I see this all over car magazines in shops. Awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21