Does everyone know the sheeting trick????

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems obvious that every one does it, but a lot of people I know are amazed when I do it. After you are done washing your Viper remove the hose nozzle and start from the top and rinse down and let the smooth hose steam of water rinse her down. It removes almost all of the water on the car this way. Makes drying very quick and easy. This is a great tip if you you just wash and dry the normal way...I do my Jeep this way when its to cold to fuss and barely get any water spots at all and it is almost dry when i'm done..Try it...AL :) :)

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's how I was taught to wash the car when I was maybe 10.
It's the only way to do it. It may use more water, but that's a small price to pay.
I never use a nozzle at all, the spray drys too fast and leaves spots like crazy esp on glass.
Have wet washed the V less than a half a dozen times in last year and a half, the daily; about twice a month (once a week in the winter, it's nice to have a heated garage and a floor drain)

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even my wife knows to do that. I learned it back in my Porsche days, before we had electricity HAHA.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 4 years I owned my Gen1, I washed it a grand total of 1 time. No sheet!! And that was last summer when I got caught in the rain.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sheeting works quite well. Follow up with a honey comb micro fiber towel and you have one fantastic dry! BUT the leaf blower trick works better in my opinion. So those of you doing this already, don't change. JMO

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I thought you were talking about short sheeting someone's bed sheets. The old college trick

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sheeting + leaf blower + micro fiber towel + quick coat of polish= best car was ever only take a extra 15 mins

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows the mirrors fold out away from the car to drain the water, right? Also, make sure the holes at the base where the mirror bolts to the doors drain as well. Mine were full of all sorts of gobble-dee-goop and held water. Spray WD-40 on a rag and wipe down the inside rear fender well. It makes it look like new, and keeps road grime from sticking. The fronts have that funky fiber-glass look and it doesn't work on them, but makes the rears look a whole lot better.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
While we're at it, use "Plexus" on your headlight covers, to keep them sparkling and clear. Your rear view mirrors are plastic also, and Plexus keeps them rejuvenated and highly reflective.

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna give it a try, and if it doesn't work, somebody gonna get reeeeeeal hurt here!

hehehhe