Does my 06 Coupe have TPMS?

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just recieved my ADV1s and tires should be going on soon.

Im out of town and cant check the car for TPMS. Did out cars come with them originally?
If so, I'll have them put them on before they throw the tires on, this way they'll be ready to go on when I get back in town.

Thanks

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, all 2003-2010 cars had TPMS.

Make sure the TPMS sensors are either located in a similar position to stock with the fill nozzle protruding through the wheel, or have the sensors programmed to the car BEFORE they are put in the wheels. If you cannot access the sensor with the activation magnet once the tire is on, it cannot be programmed to the car at that point. These systems are NOT self learning.

Otherwise, if you can extract the codes from you car, we can supply a set of "mimic" sensors that have the same codes as your OE wheels, and you can skip the programming process, as well as switch back and forth between wheel sets with no ill effect.

OP
OP
N

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, all 2003-2010 cars had TPMS.

Make sure the TPMS sensors are either located in a similar position to stock with the fill nozzle protruding through the wheel, or have the sensors programmed to the car BEFORE they are put in the wheels. If you cannot access the sensor with the activation magnet once the tire is on, it cannot be programmed to the car at that point. These systems are NOT self learning.

Otherwise, if you can extract the codes from you car, we can supply a set of "mimic" sensors that have the same codes as your OE wheels, and you can skip the programming process, as well as switch back and forth between wheel sets with no ill effect.

Thanks. I'll be calling you soon.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Una pregunta: how do the TPMS sensors come off of the wheels? I'm having them refinished, and no tire shop has been willing to remove them for fear of breaking them, but I can't leave them in place because of the refinishing process. I'm getting really frustrated with tire shops around here at this point.

Oh, and those wheels look awesome by the way.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You simply unscrew the aluminum hex cap sleeve with a wrench then pull them from the inside of the wheel or push the valve stem through the hole. If you are re-installing them, it is a good idea to replace the grommet seals (the round black rubber seals on the base of the valve stem). You hate to have a leak after you have had your tires mounted and balanced.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Una pregunta: how do the TPMS sensors come off of the wheels? I'm having them refinished, and no tire shop has been willing to remove them for fear of breaking them, but I can't leave them in place because of the refinishing process. I'm getting really frustrated with tire shops around here at this point.

Oh, and those wheels look awesome by the way.

These sensors are a dime a dozen and are quite common (used on several vehicles). A legitimate tire shop should know and should not be a afraid of removing these. Anyone who knows how a use a wrench can remove these sensors.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to go give it a shot and see if these things break like they told me they will.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really need to stop listening to these guys at the tire shops - a 12mm deep socket and 5 minutes later and they are all off, and none of them broke. Now to find some new seals for them.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well crap - I just ordered Doorman part number 28844-07126189...shoulda looked here first. If these don't work, they'll be going back and I'll give Luke a call.

OP - sorry for the thread hijack.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really need to stop listening to these guys at the tire shops - a 12mm deep socket and 5 minutes later and they are all off, and none of them broke. Now to find some new seals for them.

I can't understand why your tire shop guys were afraid of messing with something so common. A Viper wheel is like any other wheel......

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't understand why your tire shop guys were afraid of messing with something so common. A Viper wheel is like any other wheel......

The explanation I've gotten from both is that if they aren't leaking, they don't want to touch them because they've had too many break due to the nut being seized...we have a lot of salt on our roads up here in the winter, and corrosion and rust are a major concern for daily driven vehicles, not that my Viper falls into that category. Instead of taking on the potential headaches of having to replace sensors they break, they either say "we'll replace them with new ones" or they won't touch them period. It might just be a regional thing, but I have a feeling it'll become more common with tire shops trying to improve their bottom line.