Does the SRT come with this?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CRUISE CONTROL Just wondering. I've taking several 400-500 mile trips in the car and would have really enjoyed resting my leg for a few minutes. You know, in between the 150+ mph blasts.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big NO. I don't want the cost of the Viper to go up any more. CRUISE CONTROL
confused.gif
Long trips
confused.gif
I think you bought the wrong car.

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JF58854777:
Big NO. I don't want the cost of the Viper to go up any more. CRUISE CONTROL
confused.gif
Long trips
confused.gif
I think you bought the wrong car.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the confused faces. Considering the car costs around 80k, I cant imagine anyones pockets would be much lighter with the addition of cruise control. I think the Viper does well with long trips. 22mpg(for me on interstate). Comfortable seating. Well at least there is a cup holder.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree - this is big NO NO. I don't like and I don't like to see this feature ever added !! Thanks.

If wanted cruise control then I would buy a Corvette !!

No flame intended but please - we wanted a race car and we got one - don't go around adding all these softee things to it.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cruise control is not a softee item. It would really be nice. Does it make you a more of a man to hold your foot on the accelerator while mindlessly commuting down a freeway?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J SMITH:

Why the confused faces. Considering the car costs around 80k, I cant imagine anyones pockets would be much lighter with the addition of cruise control. I think the Viper does well with long trips. 22mpg(for me on interstate). Comfortable seating. Well at least there is a cup holder.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cupholder?

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the other exotic cars Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari(my opinion) offer cruise control.
Appreciate the pic Joseph, but I think that is the perfect spot for a cool beverage of ones choosing,

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J SMITH <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hans Christian:

No flame intended but please - we wanted a race car and we got one - don't go around adding all these softee things to it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None taken, but if this was intended to be a race car shouldn't the A/C and radio be the first thing to go. They rob hp and add weight. Call me soft, but practicality sometimes outweighs purpose unless one's sole purpose is to race. Me on the other hand. I enjoy taking trips in the car as well as putting it on the track. I certainly did not buy the car for practical reasons. I bought it for the styling and performance and for me CC would make the long trips to the track or wherever more comfortable.

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it up JS - I brought this up a long time ago & got laughed off the bandwidth. For what it's worth though, Ron Adee has had aftermarket cruise control on his One Lap winning Viper for years. He agrees that it's the best way to make time w/o getting stopped by the gendarmes.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxwedge:
"It would be really nice"...Nice like power seats, nice like a lip stick holder, nice like extra trunk space, nice like a real interior, nice like a smooth, cushy ride, nice like easy in and out, nice like an automatic, nice like a smaller v6, nice like a corvette

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, just cruise control.

Not having it is a major pain in the okole.

Funny how few ACR's were actually sold WITHOUT adding the A/C and Radio back in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude