Doesn't the SRT have a new type of Limited Slip diff?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesn\'t the SRT have a new type of Limited Slip diff?

Hello;

I have been reading the mags and everyones posts here from those who drag race. Very interesting. Wheel spin or "hooking up" has always been a major challenge with the Viper. So now, with less weight and more power traction is even more important than ever. Right?

I am pretty sure that I read that there was a brand-new type of LSD in the SRT. I can't remember the manufacturer exactly; but I am pretty sure it wasn't Dana. It was a company with a hyphenated name I think. Anyway, wouldn't this new rear end set up really improve the "hook-up"?

If we don't have some kind of Limited Slip rear, what do you think about adding one? If the SRT does have it, can anyone describe how it works and whether or not it can we tweaked to improve it further?

I think the SRT does in fact have it, and I am wondering why it has not made the drag times more dramatic.

Ultimately, I suppose it is the driver and the experience (or lack of) that is the biggest part of the story. I can't wait for you experienced draggers to get your new SRT and start posting times!

Mine's coming one of these days; just in time for snow I suppose. I'll have to live vicariously through you folks with the endless summers!

Jim

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Doesn\'t the SRT have a new type of Limited Slip diff?

As I recall, limited slip rears are best used in a track application.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Doesn\'t the SRT have a new type of Limited Slip diff?

Dana 44, Series 4 unit with
Hydra-Lok, torque-sensing, limited-slip differential with spread bearing design.

Dana Press Release

Some SRT Details

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on 10-13-2002 at 09:14 PM</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187