DON'T FORGET...Car and Driver Television Supercar Challenge airs SAT. @ 9am and 2pm

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DON\'T FORGET...Car and Driver Television Supercar Challenge airs SAT. @ 9am and 2pm

Just a reminder. The summary of the Supercar Challenge airs tomorrow on TNN.

Sat., Aug. 10 @ 9am and 2pm on TNN.

Of the 17 cars in the event, 3 were Vipers. There is some good coverage on all 3!!!!

-Wayne (LTHL VPR)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DON\'T FORGET...Car and Driver Television Supercar Challenge airs SAT. @ 9am and 2pm

I just saw it.. interesting.. But very short....

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DON\'T FORGET...Car and Driver Television Supercar Challenge airs SAT. @ 9am and 2pm

I just saw it too. Only 15 minutes devoted to these awesome cars, ***!!!! Oh well, it is taped and will go in my Viper video library.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was way too short,(the magazine issue is out and is longer), but if you consider it was national television, then I think the dark horse named APEX came through nicely. I mean at first I was a little dissappointed they did not show the APEX car very much, but they did only let 4 out of the 16 talk about the mods to their engines, and Wayne was one of those talking about the "Lethal 750". Plus they did say it was the undisputed king of throttle response. So if you put it in perspective, then I think it was a real good first showing for their first time going to such a competitive challenge, and they did not even hire a professional race car driver to drive their car. Maybe they don't charge enough on their packages??? Good job Bill/Wayne and the crew at APEX.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for your support! As I said in an earlier post, it was a blast, we were honored to participate, and we were very pleased with the results.

Dennis- you bring up a great point. Were were one of only 2 cars there that did not bring a professional driver; we went with the editor from C&D. The other one was the NSX and it finished last. We wanted the results to be indicative of most of our customers who are not professional drivers.

In addition, we were one of only a few naturally aspirated cars there. I know the staff was particularly impressed with the drivability of our car especially when you take into account that we had the 2nd fastest 0-60 time (3.62 sec.) and 0-100 time (7.34sec) of the cars that finished the event; I assume this is probably why they chose to air our interview over other Vipers and most of the other competitors. We were happy to see that we received top honors in the DRIVABILITY rating among the Vipers there, and only 2 cars beat us out overall with higher drivability ratings (both of them used forced induction: NSX and Autothority Porsche). This is something we work ******* when we develop each package, and this honor was very important to us.

Stay tuned for upcoming 'events' that we better represent the LETHAL 750's true acceleration and performance (unfortunately, our best overall time for the event was also when the driver missed a shift during the 1/4 mile portion and hence was 6mph+ slower than our faster runs)!!!!

thanks again for your continued support.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What was cool about the show was that the testing took place at the Michigan International Speedway. The same track where I and about 90 other Viper owners took part in the parade lap before the Sirius Satellite Radio 400 Nascar race a few months ago. We assembled on the back straight away right where all these cars started their 0-150-0 runs. I'll also bet that the public road footage they showed was done in the Irish Hills area near the track. Which is a bunch of twisting, turning country roads. Wish I knew they were there as I would liked to have seem em run down the road. Maybe I'll figure out when they are doing it next year and take a peek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viperkim