Don't Hold Your Breath! They're NOT Coming Out Any Time Soon?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Don\'t Hold Your Breath! They\'re NOT Coming Out Any Time Soon?

Just for the record, I love this country, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Now there is some great places in the world, and I wouldn't mind seeing them.

But this is my home, and I love this land.

But that doesn't mean we should accept skullduggery and shenanigans in high places.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Back on topic-

Even though I probably won't get an SRT, it still is a great car. A really great car! I'm proud that Dodge has raised the bar again, and made another incredible machine, performance-wise on a par with the world's great sportscars.

The SRT, like the Viperr that preceded it, is a super-car package, for much less than a super-car price. Compared to other cars that perform simularly, the Viper is a steal. And now the SRT has improved on that high water mark of American sports cars.

If its late, don't stress. Good things are worth the wait!

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSunburn:
These posts remind me of the movie "Eyes Wide Shut"
The power behind the scenes are obscene! Oh, and I'd love to see more of Nicole Kidman without clothing
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, we men are so easily distracted from the subject at hand....
laugh.gif

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see this tread has generated so much speculation (based on no facts) that it sometimes amazes me. It has gone from possible conspiricy theories to others feeling that they deserve an open hotline to PVO to even an alien abduction theory. One week ago there was an announcement made on this web site. You were given the facts before anyone else. That is one of the greatest benefits of the VCA. The VCA has the best relationship, with the manufacturer, of any single marque car club in the world. If someone feels that this is not the case then they need to prove to me who has a better one.

This unique relationaship could at times be strained because of some of the comments made on this website. Thankfully, the channels of communication are still open. I would hope that in the future we, the participants in this website, use it as a means of exchanging ideas, experiances and knowledge. Not necessarily as a public place to vent your personal issues. There are paid professionals who deal with those issue. Lets leave the tabloid like conspiricy theories to those who write for the STAR, WEEKLY WORLD NEWS REPORT, and the other trash newspapers you find in the checkout isle at the grocery store.

For those who do not receive Autoweek there was a short blurb on page 4 (which is really page 1 of usefull information) that reads as follows;

Viper, too
Dodge officials confirm that buyers expecting to take delivery of 2003 Vipers late this year must wait until January for their cars. A spokesman said federal emission certification is still pending, thus the delay. The upside: Buyers will save $3000 in federal luxury tax on the $81,000 car because the tax expires Dec. 31. (I think the $3000 figure is a misprint).

Joe Houss (president of VCA in training)posted this information on Nov 27. Why didn't anyone believe it then? The officers of the VCA will only post information that has been confirmed. No need to theorize or look for hidden messages. As Jon B stated in one of his posts, there will not be official posts by DC on this website. Period. But there may be information given via "conduits".

So, for those who want to read into a message than you can try to crack the following code.

"Lets not chance blowing the transformer by sticking a paperclip in the recepticle. For no other reason than to see what happens. The system may get burned."

Who is the "transformer"?
What does the "paperclip" represent?
What is the "recepticle"?
Who is the "system"?

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The issue for many is not when the car starts shipping. For those of us that are not in line for one of the first cars and don't live in Florida or California, the question is will we see the car in time to drive it in 2003? We are 3-4 months behind what Dodge orginally told us. Accepting that they sold every certificate for the 2003 model year, it stands to reason that many will not see their car until late summer or possibly even later. Not to be too pessimistic, but if it comes in fall of '03, some of us will not have a chance to enjoy it until 2004. Seems like a LONG time to wait for a car that we put down a deposit on in early 2002. Personal financial situations, lifestyles and interests change over such a long period. I think this is where the frustration is coming.

In addition, Dodge DID demand money from all of us in the form of a deposit and as a result I think people are correct in their statement that Dodge does owe us an honest update. It is our money that dealers are holding and collecting interest on, not Dodge's. In addition, I don't care how much money they have in inventory. That is not my problem and does nothing to benefit me. I don't hold my customers accountable for inventory on product that I cannot ship to them so why should anyone suggest that Dodge's inventory is my problem or that I should feel sorry for Dodge? I admit that as a business person, the inventory is a reason that Dodge would want to solve the problem and I am happy to know that Dodge values customer satisfaction more than the inventory problem. However, if the holdup is regulatory, Dodge is not making the decision whether to ship.

Regardless of how Dodge decided to allocate the certificates, once they took money from us they entered into a binding contract and as customers one would expect the courtesy of a reasonable update.

I cannot even get an indication of where I stand in line with regards to my order. Those of us that have not been assigned VIN's are told that there is no information to share.

One can appreciate the VCA officer's responses but it would be much more valuable to us if the VCA used its collective influence to get a private communication to each certificate holder giving them some indication of when they might expect to receive their car. Defending Dodge in this forum is useless and doesn't change anyone's opinion.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The theorist who cracks the code to the above posted message will win a free poster from my collection. I have a couple for you to choose from so the winner will be sent a list from which to choose. Let the game begin.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can not comment on when an individual may recieve his car as that is something which is determined based on a number of factors. As in the past a VIN number means nothing as to when the actual car is built or delivered. I would also think that once someone would be given a hard and fast delivery date than that would open up the corporation to possible liability. If a car was delivered late than I am sure someone could use this as a reason for litigation. Unforeseen labor issues, supplier issues, even a possible running change could effect delivery. I understand your concern and that you had to put down a deposit but those are some of the inherant problems that come with the launch of a new car. I guess the up side is that that those who qualified for the certificate program will still be months ahead in enjoying their new Viper SRT-10 before the Viper owners who didn't qualify for the program or the general public. The pricing you were able to negotiate because of this unique program should be reason enough to ask for your patience. I can not believe anyone paid over MSRP and am willing to bet that the savings equal 1000's of dollars. Do you remember what the dealers who had 92 Vipers commanded in the way of price. I do.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dirk you said the magic word with the deposit issue. The DEALERS have your money, Dodge has not received once cent yet. that is why it is up to the dealer to convey any and all official messages to you. I guess for those of use who waited YEARS for our first ones a few months means nothing?

JCT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Transformer: PVO Paper clip: Complaining and bad press about SRT delay. Recepticle: CAAP System: DC???

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JCT, One correct, one close, one not responded to. Keep trying

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Honestly, some of the whiners amaze me. It's true, as a group of owners, we have a better and more direct relationship with the manufacturer than any other brand. All of us are getting the cars for thousands (if not tens of thousands) less than the rest of the public. What's the big deal if Dodge has a last minute issue? So what...the dealer has $1000 of your money. Boo hoo! Start acting like men who are getting an exotic supercar and less like a bunch of adolescent teens who think they are "entitled" to know everything because they put a fifty cent deposit on a car that they're buying at close to cost.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JCT, you are getting close with 3 out of 4 but the order is mixed up. With no one else playing it looks like you are the front runner for the prize. One officer is already not eligible since he has the answers.

Russ, good comments

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

.....and you were expecting me to post it to win the prize? C'mon Rich ..... I still like my answer better!

JCT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK,My brain is starting to hurt. Try this one on for size!
Transformer: PVO
Paper clip: Opinions and conjecture about delay
Recepticle: SRT program
System: CAAP

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come-on Joe, I know that anything I say to you is kept in strict confidence. It's that unwritten code which we must follow.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I need to put on my 3D goggles to figure out where this thread has gone. Too much triptaphane from the turkey maybe?

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, I will give it a go.

Transformer: PVO
Paper clip: ******** via the website
Recepticle: VCA Website
System: VCA

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Birvini:
Good for you Mr Devildog!!! I did the same thing. I hate "corporate." If your not at the top, your looked at as a POS and lied to everyday.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bravo Birvini! Keep kicking a$$!

SteelPearlGreyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

???

Transformer -- who -- SRT certificate holders

Paper Clip -- what -- Whining/ Complaining/ UNDESERVED Bad Press

Recepticle -- what -- VCA website (pictured by the outside
as knowledgeable)

System -- who -- The entire VCA (especially regarding future
similar programs)

Good Luck to all and come on SRT-10, Florida is waiting for the new super Viper

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i'm gonna give this a shot...

Who is the "transformer"?
the VCA

What does the "paperclip" represent?
DC's huge collective penis...

What is the "recepticle"?
the certificate holders collective *** ..

Who is the "system"?
Daimler Chrysler, who is putting the paperclip into the recepticle..

translation:
DC is screwing you guys up the *** , but some of you dont mind it, because its a welcome change from you kissing *their* *** ..

wheres my poster?

DISCLAIMER: DONT KILL THE MESSENGER.

- eddie -

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who is the "transformer"? DC

What does the "paperclip" represent? ******** & Moaning

What is the "receptacle"? Special Programs for Viper Owners

Who is the "system"? VCA

Lets not chance blowing the transformer by sticking a paperclip in the recepticle. For no other reason than to see what happens. The system may get burned."

brianflynn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dead President:
Figure your car will come out in March, and if it comes earlier consider yourself lucky. We've waited this long for the new SRT-10, we might as well wait a little longer so they can get it right. The German quality influence at D-C doesn't want anything short of a flawless car for us. Remember the alarm power drain problem among numerous other recall items on the 96 GTS?

After all, we're mature Viper owners, not little kids who can't wait for Santa to arrive. Right?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't pay santa.

JCT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1) Dont buy it if you dont like it.
2)Things dont always go as planned.
3)GREAT POST RUSS.
4)I"m paid up 60K already to my dealer, and although I would rather have the thing in my basement with my coupe, facts are facts. " IT AINT HERE YET".!! PAITAIENCE is a virtue.
5)Transformer: VCA
Paper clip: All this damm bitchin thats going on about something that is out of OUR control,but you gotta belive that alot of hard working people are hard at work to correct.
Recepticle: PVO
System: DC

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you put a thou down in "early 2002".
how about the lucky Comp coupe buyers who plopped down
20 large in NOV 2001?
This is just the price of admission.For example...
I have 5,000 deposit on Ferrari Spider and the wait is 2 1/2 -3 years!
Patience is not one of my strong points either but in
the above cases... I either pass or play. I opt for PLAY!

JCT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1) Dont buy it if you dont like it.
2)Things dont always go as planned.
3)GREAT POST RUSS.
4)I"m paid up 60K already to my dealer, and although I would rather have the thing in my basement with my coupe, facts are facts. " IT AINT HERE YET".!! PAITAIENCE is a virtue.
5)Transformer: VCA
Paper clip: All this damm bitchin thats going on about something that is out of OUR control,but you gotta belive that alot of hard working people are hard at work to correct.
Recepticle: PVO
System: DC

JCT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe the Recepticle is the SRT program.
Can I have that poster now please?

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Darn that evil Dodge for giving me the opportunity to get an SRT months before the general public. Shame on them for doing it in a way to save me thousands of $$$. The nerve of how they're treating me, the customer! Well, excuse me now as I go b*tch and moan at the dealer now who has my $500 deposit and demand the $2.00 I could've earned if I only could've kept this money in a money market fund. The horror of it all. Oh...and I'm sure Ford will treat its best customers sooo much better who want to order a GT, right? Ha.

THANK YOU DODGE; THANKS VCA--ESPECIALLY ALL YOU HIGHLY PAID VCA OFFICERS!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by remster:
I just talked to a friend who heard about someone who took delivery of their Red SRT/10 with grey interior... the seat stitching ripped when they sat in the car... not a good first impression. Sent the car right back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy Schmoly, now there are SRTs' with GREY interiors and the're already being delivered!!! Remster is really floating the BS now!
You must be registered for see images
Remster, stick to posting pics of "****-tang" stuck to the top of your car!
You must be registered for see images

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just talked to a friend who heard about someone who took delivery of their Red SRT/10 with grey interior... the seat stitching ripped when they sat in the car... not a good first impression. Sent the car right back.

So there were cars shipped at some point. Maybe these were tester cars, but I don't think the owner knew that.

This is hear-say but that's all we have.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know it's always possible that D-C would hold off and not even produce a 2003.... waiting to release as a 2004.
This happened a couple years ago with the SVT Mustang Cobra, most everyone who had ordered a 2000 Cobra were given 2000 pricing on a 2001 Cobra when they were released.

Just a thought.

Lance

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alright I see others are getting into the game. Venom2K, Steel GreyViper and Cris are right there. Each has 3 out of 4. Now who will be the first to submit the correct answer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang