Don't you hate coming out of a store and seeing this?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that some people can't grasp the concept of someone else wanting to keep their car nice.... Maybe if someone visited them and tracked their muddy shoes on their good carpet and had a barbecue out on the patio with their fine china and silverware and borrowed their best suit for a little football out in the yard maybe they would see things differently.

Vipertastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Don't you hate coming out of a store and seeing this?"

Could be worse. This could have been another "someone keyed my car" thread. I have actually witnessed someone door ding my car. It was my DD, but still...

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me a few times. Most of the time I'll park as far away as I can from all the other cars. I even double park by hovering over the line. And yet when I come out of the store someone has to be parked as close as they can to one side of my car. The worst was about a year ago when I stopped at the grocery store around 8pm I must have parked 100 spaces away from the entrance to the store where all the cars where. When I came out some ***** parked sideways right behind the viper with the sliding door of their minivan about 3 feet away from the viper bumper. Needless to say I had to jockey the car back and forth to get out bc my front was up against a curb. I really wanted to put a rock through there window but decided not to. Wish I would've taken a picture. Come to think of it another time I parked alone I a lot. I came out and some pos was parked next to me and they left a note under my wiper that said something to the effect of vipers being a pos and I should get a real car. I just laughed it off and made sure there wasn't any damage done to the car before I pulled away.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"...can't understand why people do this.." I think some of them do this as an FU because they interpret your efforts to park out of the way as elitist behavior (particularly the ones with the crappy vehicles). Another form of jealousy/anger. This group may see us as 1 percenters even though we are not (maybe 1 percent of us are!).

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, you didn't park far enough away...as lame as that sounds!

I have a buddy who does that to nice cars so he knows at least that side of his car won't get dinged

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took my son to get icecream recently and parked back by the trees all by myself. After standing in line for some time, I'm asked to place my order and had to leave my spot in line becasue this very, very large woman decide to park back beside me for no apparent reason and then was struggling to sqeeze out of her car without hitting my viper with her door. :dunno:

I still can't figure that one out because obviously she knows that she sruggles getting in and out of her car so why park next to something that the owner purposley parked out of the way? It would make more sense for her to put several spaces between us so she can open her door all the way.

Honestly, I think most of the time it comes down to most people are just oblivious to their surroundings.

So I'm just curious what happened, you jumped out of line and then what?