Door adjustment and harness install

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The door adjustment was much easier than I feared. The driver's side only took 3 mins including removing/installing the cover panel. The passenger's side took about 5 mins because I had to fiddle with the hinge a few times to get it perfect but still it was an easy job. If your doors are sagging take ten minutes out of your day and fix them. It's great to have the doors "pop" open when you push the button. It's also nice to have them close all the way every time.

I also installed a set of G-Force 5-point camlock harnesses, not as easy as adjusting the doors but well worth it. No more bracing with my left leg in hard corners. I used all factory attatchment points so no drilling was required. I couldn't find the submarine strap bolt hole so I fabbed a quick solution. There are two 3/4" ID holes in the front portion of the seat rails which ended up being PERFECT for the job. I cut a 3/4" steel bar to 14.5" length then inserted it through the two holes and welded it in place. This gives a great anchor for the sub-strap and doesn't require any drilling or cutting of the carpet.

Well that's all, nothing too exciting just thought I'd share.

Rob