Door Ding from a Vette at OBI

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got back from OBI car show on Sunday and noticed that the passenger side of the Black Corvette parked next to me put a nice paint scrape on my driver side door :eek: .I usually ONLY park next to Vipers but not possible this Sunday. Touched up the spot with some extra paint that I had but every time I see the spot it just irks me. Question is do I have to have the entire door repainted for a 1/2 inch scrape or can a good body shop touch up the spot. Any of you guys have experience with this.

PS: If anyone knows who the Vette owner was or has a pic of the plate let me know. I took a pic of my car at the show and I was just about an inch from getting his licence plate. I wish I had noticed it at the show...I know I could have caught up with him!

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****...

Try looking up Touch of Color. They are a mobile touch up company. We have used them before. If I can find the number I'll let you know.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY Viper...that just *****...If it makes you feel any better...I smoked a vette tonight.... real bad.. after 3rd gear I shut down...

Dave :usa:

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what you can do is KEEP touch up the scrape spot until the paint fill up the scrape, then wetsand it a little, not too much, just to make it even out, then you will not notice anymore, cheap and nice way to fix it, take time....

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you try to polish it out before applying the touch-up paint. Most paint scrapes (not deep ones) can be polished off with a buffing wheel and polishing compound.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd try to do what AviP said but do it without a buffer. By hand will keep you from screwing it up.

You might be better off just getting a shop to do it. The small spot can be fixed for little money.
Just get it done so you won't have to look at it.

OP
OP
N

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys-
Thanks for the sympathy :( and suggestions :2tu: . I Can't post the picture since the gallery site is down for some revamping.
Tried to polish it out but the scratch is too wide.
Avi,I did fill in the spot and I will keep doing so until it fills and then apply some light wetsand with a very high grit and then polish.Unless you are looking for it the spot is already hard to notice. If that doesn't work to perfection it's off to the body shop or the guys that Jeff Twin vipers suggested. Thanks again!

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it works out. Not good news, I have watched people open their car doors on other cars and it makes me sick :(

-Lou

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.paintscratch.com Call the owner he's very helpful. Be careful if you go for a door repaint. I own a 69 big block Corvette in Fathom green and a Q45 in about the same color. Both of which have needed attention. Make sure when they do the door they BLEND into the front and rear quarters. Otherwise the door ain't gonna match the quarters with your metallic color.