Door glass mirror replacement?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I started doing this little project... cool air scoop in through the mirror housing on a Comp Coupe, the mirror is as street car and still had the full electrics in there! Anyway, I put the mirror glass on the seat for safe keeping, while I worked on the aero scoop and ducting, sat in the car to see things from that perspective...doh... forgetting I put the glass there, did a hair line crack in the mirror (my **** isn't too boney these days, I carry a little mid 30's cusion, but we won't go into that!!) My question is, you can not buy just the glass, you have to get the whole housing complete assembly :dunno: has anyone found a supplier for just the mirror glass piece replacement?

You must be registered for see images attach

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the 97-98 Viper parts catalog, I don't see the glass being sold separately. I think the mirror assembly is the same as a Mitsubishi 3000GT. I run a Mitsu parts and service dept. and can check and see if the 3000GT still has glass sold separately on Monday (most Mitsubishi models have the glass sold separately).

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking at the 97-98 Viper parts catalog, I don't see the glass being sold separately. I think the mirror assembly is the same as a Mitsubishi 3000GT. I run a Mitsu parts and service dept. and can check and see if the 3000GT still has glass sold separately on Monday (most Mitsubishi models have the glass sold separately).

Gen-2 cars have the same mirrors as the 3000GT/Stealth... the Gen-3/4 cars use a new style mirror.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't drive that viper you have seven years bad luck for breaking a mirror

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's hiding behind the tarp?

Interesting idea... are you worried about blowing the mirror out or out of adjustment at high speed? Just a thought...

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That thought occurred to me when the mirror cracked, 7 years bad luck. I try not to tempt fate, but somehow seem to taunt it.

I tried one glass shop over here to cut one, but they did not want to try!

The scoop I made a duct from, all sealed down in through the door. Mirror will be fixed, don't want to make a habit of breaking them. Just trying to get a little fresh cool air into the car so I don't melt in there on a rare hot summer day in UK, as I don't have a cool suit.