Door panel removal

Mopar-man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you remove the door panel on a Gen III without damaging it. I have to remove it because it makes a banging noise when the window starts to move from the open position & when it just reaches the closed position. The window still operates normally

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open the door. Remove all screws you can see including speaker. There are two screws in the speaker area you will have to remove as well. Remove the door pull handle (us and allan key) and there is another screw behind it you will need to remove. Remove the plastic plugs (3 of them, two at rear of door and one at front.) You will most likely have to drill these out to remove them. Any automotive parts store carries replacements. Now the tricky part...you have to swing panel out from the bottom and reach up in there and push outward on the two clips. If you do this wrong, the trim on top of the door panel will break and its an instant $1000 to replace the door panel...... I hope this helps. There are a few write-ups in here that are way more informative than the info I have provided on this very subject. Good luck.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open the door. Remove all screws you can see including speaker. There are two screws in the speaker area you will have to remove as well. Remove the door pull handle (us and allan key) and there is another screw behind it you will need to remove. Remove the plastic plugs (3 of them, two at rear of door and one at front.) You will most likely have to drill these out to remove them. Any automotive parts store carries replacements. Now the tricky part...you have to swing panel out from the bottom and reach up in there and push outward on the two clips. If you do this wrong, the trim on top of the door panel will break and its an instant $1000 to replace the door panel...... I hope this helps. There are a few write-ups in here that are way more informative than the info I have provided on this very subject. Good luck.

The door panel fasteners are push pin style, just push them further and they will pop into the door and you can reclaim them later, don't drill them out, finding GM or ford fasteners = piece of cake, Mopar = search forever and order at 10X ford price

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he says, with the added note: the probability of breaking the top molding ( black vinyl looking piece on top of the panel) is grrrreat !!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4