Door Striker Plate

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to adjust the passenger door striker plate and found both screw heads wallowed out by previous attempts to loosen the screws.
I'm going to get a couple of new screws and attempt to get the old ones out by drilling off the heads one at a time and using an EZ-Out on the threads. If that doesn't work, I'd like to remove the threaded plate under the striker. Is this a loose plate that can be accessed by removing the wheel well shield or is it molded into the structure?
Any BTDT insight?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use a small manual impact tool. It works with a hammer. They are normally used on motorcycles to loosen/tighten phillips head screws that are exposed to a lot of vibration. If you don't have one, they are extremely handy for what you are now trying to do. Even if the phillips is rounded you may get it loose with this tool, it sort of makes its own set of slots when used on a stripped hole.

If that doesen't work, take a small metal chisel and carefully create a slot that you can get a flat blade screw driver into. Like you said, drilling works too, I still think the impact tool will work. Try Sears or a motorcycle shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS