Door Weatherstripping

ZOOMBI U

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My drivers side weatherstripping is showing wear, Letting too many people sit in the car and them not knowing how to get in gracefully, Is this part available aftermarket or do I need to pay for OEM?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know of an aftermarket company making our door seals? I can give you a price on the OEM seal. What year is your Viper and is it a GTS or RT/10? You also get 20% off MSRP through me [VCA discount]. :cool:

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your door needs to be realigned. It rubs ever so slightly on your weather stripping when you close it. I have $20 that says I'm right.

toppy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I third that reply; I just had my drivers side door hinge remove and replaced and the weather stripping replaced all under warranty for the same droopy reason. I couln't stomach doing it myself so my local dealer scored the job.

Good luck and hope this helps... :2tu:

OP
OP
Z

ZOOMBI U

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Amazing, You were right on the money, When the door opens, it drops a slight bit, but enough to rub on the weatherstripping, Well I need to thank you again. I never would have thought of that, Cheers

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One trick to protect the weatherstripping is to use black electical tape that is not too black. It actually holds up well and is not noticable.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried the electrical/duct tape temporary fix while I was shopping for a used set of weatherstripping and ended up with a sticky mess. Just fix the door based on that link up above and keep checking it frequently.