door weatherstripping

badasp2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put new weatherstripping on door of a 95/rt and door does not close properly, so i redo it , same thing. put old weatherstripping on and still does not close properly. looks like it is all in place but door does not want to close all the way???? is there something i am missing or??? thks Don''

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced mine a few month back and you had to shut the doors a lot harder to get them to latch. Chuck Tator said that would happen but now they shut like normal. That the problem you are having?

OP
OP
B

badasp2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, that is the problem, almost have to slam the door for it to shut. does not seem to be right ??

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put new weatherstripping on door of a 95/rt and door does not close properly, so i redo it , same thing. put old weatherstripping on and still does not close properly. looks like it is all in place but door does not want to close all the way???? is there something i am missing or??? thks Don''

Lots of time the door has sagged, make sure the door is not to low, if so adjust it up.

OP
OP
B

badasp2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the door closed perfect before i replaced weatherstrip and even when i put the old weatherstrip back in the door would not close like it did.?? really annoying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32