Downforce In style!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve at Autoform did a wonderful paint match and job!! What I love is that 4 screws and it comes off and its fully adjustable!

You must be registered for see images attach

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shandon...THAT IS ****!!!!!! I love your wheels as well. This is the first time I've gotten a good look at your wheels.

My car is on its way to Woodhouse....when it comes back we have to meet up:2tu:.

Take care and your car rocks!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone for the kind comments! I got to see one on a fellow members car in TN on the cruise to "tail of the dragon". I always wanted to see it in person and was not dissapointed! His was a Black SRT and has been the only wing I loved on a vert.

Will be interesting to try this at speed and see if a front splitter is in my future on the track.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I concur with the others, Shandon! Lovin' the wheels as well...black wheels on a silver Viper rock! ~juli

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not much of a wing fan but, I must say, that looks great! Nice it's actually functional too.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm..looks like good land for deer. Sorry one track mind.:D

Yes you do:lmao: that was too funny! Yea, got deer all around me here.

Spring turkey is next month! Im trying to talk the owners of the Bluegrass Motorsports track to let me hunt down there. They have 500acres plus I could drive the viper in my camo with the gun in the car, It's just so Kentucky!!:naughty:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are still a couple other goodies you can add to that beautiful snake, but I don't know how to add a picture to my post. If someone will send me a PM I will send them the picture to upload.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are still a couple other goodies you can add to that beautiful snake, but I don't know how to add a picture to my post. If someone will send me a PM I will send them the picture to upload.

You can go to "Media Gallery" and upload there, then copy the link and post it here. :cool:
~juli

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon if you apply any downforce in back you almost have to consider something in front. The feeling of a car getting loose in triple digits is not very good.

I have a rear spoiler, which also increases rear down force. Though probably not as much as the wing can provide. But with that I always use a front splitter on the track. I have done spirited runs without it on the street, but no high speed corners.

I went through a few splitter designs before settling on the Autoform version. I can tell you having a splitter failure at over 150 mph can prove quite hairy (imaging the front end bouncing up and down so much that you cannot see the road during the high points and bottom out the suspension on the lows!). Thank goodness that happened on a high speed oval where I was able to coax it back down without losing it.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon if you apply any downforce in back you almost have to consider something in front. The feeling of a car getting loose in triple digits is not very good.

I have a rear spoiler, which also increases rear down force. Though probably not as much as the wing can provide. But with that I always use a front splitter on the track. I have done spirited runs without it on the street, but no high speed corners.

I went through a few splitter designs before settling on the Autoform version. I can tell you having a splitter failure at over 150 mph can prove quite hairy (imaging the front end bouncing up and down so much that you cannot see the road during the high points and bottom out the suspension on the lows!). Thank goodness that happened on a high speed oval where I was able to coax it back down without losing it.

Yes you are very very correct. Im looking at splitter also. I like the SnakeOyl and Prefix splitters especially the adjustability. Since I can track the car a lot with very few cars on at the same time I can take my time getting a feel for the car with the new Air upgrades. Having the front end get light at 150mph would not make me feel warm and fuzzy all over:D Thanks for the advice!!!