Drag Race between a Ram SRT10 QUAD and Corvette?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm...presumably your speaking of the latest Gen 400hp Corvette, quite a weight difference between vehicles, don't know but maybe you ought to throw on a SuperCharger first for good measure...no? On second thought, why delay, it's all in good fun anyway and we here just can't wait to hear of your victory. Now go on get to it...don't forget to share the details as soon you can 'cause we don't want to hear this second hand. lol

Good luck, now let's see the video. :)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which vette?

c4
c5
c5 z06
c6

c4 and c5 will be nothing for the SRT ram

the c6 and c5 z06 will be a close one but I think the SRT will put it out by a hair.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys get real, are we talking about a real drag race or some squid hundred yard roll run. "Easily beat a C5". I've got an ACR and I just sold my C5. A vette with a good driver would wax any stock SRT-10 Ram at the drag strip. First 60ft. boys is where it all happens. I learned that the first hundred bucks I lost 20 yrs. ago.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still waiting on my Ram SRT-10 Quad to arrive. Paxton is purchased and ready to install! Come on Dodge build that thing!

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Hi Jerry,

You likely ordered a Sunroof? I did and found out that SRT's with Sunroofs were scheduled months later, SO I traded for a non-Sunroof earlier production run. My Ram was born Nov. 16 and delivered Dec. 4th.

I Love it!

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
c4 and c5 will be nothing for the SRT ram

the c6 and c5 z06 will be a close one but I think the SRT will put it out by a hair.

That's funny, since my C5 beat one that wanted to race me from a stoplight. It was no blowout, put a couple of lengths by 3rd gear. Then we hit a highway on-ramp....good-bye. Hmmm, I think weight might have something to do with it. :rolleyes:

Don't want to rain on your parade....but you asked.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
I guess any C5 owner should feel very good to pull a, 5100+ pound truck with a huge frontal area, in 3rd gear! My QUAD Cab has 500 miles so per the break-in there is no longer a 4,000 RPM limit on revs. I want to put a C6 under tow. :2tu:

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sour grapes or do not cast pearls before swine?

Thanks for the lesson. Enjoy your truck.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
All Sweetness here!

Self teaching has pit falls.

Have a good friend with a C6. I will limit our drag race to a 1/8 mile sprint. If I see C6 tail lights that will also be okay. Will then have to look for lower hanging fruit.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with equal drivers the C5 will get stomped, I just saw it personally the other day and in cold weather I might add.

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, those engines are strong. I put one in a cement truck and was able to pull Corvettes all day long. C5s were easy and C6s or Z06s I was able to edge out. And I had a full load delivery to make. :cool: I know that's what you want to hear. :laugh:

Seriously

http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/ram-srt-10.html

0-60 5.2
1/4 in 13.8 (Autoweek published it at 13.62)
.92 g skid-pad

You'd be 1/2 second behind a C5 (only 5 car lengths)

However it did set a land speed record for stock trucks at almost 155mph :cool:

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
rbarta,

We know the Corvette is a very good performer for the $$.
It is not a Viper! The Viper has, starting in 1992, been King of the (domestic) Performance Hill until the current year.

The Viper RAM SRT10 became King of the Performance in 2003 the QUAD CAB just expands it Truck performance offering.

The RAM SRT10's performance is so outstanding that it will out perform most current muscle cars! With the RAM SRT10 QUAD Cab (automatic) pull a C5 from a Green Light!

Please do not bite on those Lemons when posting!

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duh, That is why I will be getting a Viper this spring...it kicks the Corvette's butt. You must really be reading a whole lot more into my posts as I never even mentioned the Viper.

And the Quad cab is a truck, not a Viper. You seem to forget that little tid bit. It is a great truck, a fast truck, I can say a MILLION great things about it. I would love to have a a SRT10 Quad truck. But the stats show it is slightly slower than a C5 and my experience seems to show the same.

Some here have commented that the C5 is easy prey and even the C6 and C5Z06 can be edged out. That is not what every review of the two has shown and that is not what my experience shown.

As for the lemon comment, I see that this thread was only started to put down Corvettes not to answer the question that you posted.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RAM SRT10 Quad cab is slower than the vette. Plain and simple. 14.3 1/4 mile for the truck vs. 13.3's for the vette.
Only bad thing about the Ram QC is the mileage, ouch. Its as bad as the H2

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to day that the c5 would probably pull the ram. That's not really taking anything away from either vehicle.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone will have to admit that it gives HUGE props to the the to even be compared to an american sports car lik ethe vette.

I mean were talking about comparing a pickup track to (at the time) the second fastest sports car built in america.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personaly I think some of you guys are in lala land.

How can you even for a second think a 5800lb truck with 500hp, take a 3200lb car with 350hp.

SRT truck--11.6(13.4rwhp) lb's per hp
Vette -- 9.14(10.6rwhp) lb's per hp

No contest.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
FYI I am close to lala land which is about 400 miles South.

The SRT10 QUAD is heavy at 5534pounds due to the automatic tranny, its cooler, and additional frame length. The weight of the Vette at 3250 has a better weight ratio.

SRT QUAD 11.068 lb/hp
Vette 9.268
SRT's needs 596hp for the same weight ratio.

Weight ratio is a nice measure but not the final answer!

Still looksing for a vette

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred,

I agree that hp/weight is not the final measure. But when you put that together with other little things like. Vette having better weight distribution by far, better traction, better aero, not to mention a bunch of other things. The answer is obvious, the vette is faster in every way imaginable.

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truck will have an advantage at take-off because of the gearing but just an advantage. The C5 will kill it regardless. Guaranteed. It might look closer since you're only running 8ths, but seriously, if you run quarters you'll get walked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery