Drag race Sacramento Raceway this saturday

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For any of you local guys to bay area, Im heading to Sacramento Raceway on Saturday morning to Drag race. It is a test n tune,so its good practice if you want to see what your car can do. Open to any makes and models. Its $50 for car/driver and $10 for spectators. Gates open at 10am and racing is from 12-4pm. Just thought Id see if any of Vipers wanted to make a showing. I figured its time I see what I can get this car to do in 1/4 mile. Weather should be real good and track conditions are supposed to be good too.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't make this one(car is appart) but I'd be up for the next one I think....if there was a few of us going.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually havent been for a few years, back in my Camaro and streetbike days. But Ive been wanting to go in Viper and weather is perfect right now for good times. Ive only drag raced Viper once, and that was at VOI9. It was hot.
I dont plan to do it much,but its fun once and awhile.

Well ill be in a Copperhead and looking for hopefully a few other Vipers. :2tu:

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"ILLSMOQ" said,
Can't make this one, plus Im not as Skilled as Mike R and he always beats me. Ill stay on the sidelines were I belong

Do yourself and your tranny a favor and stay home,always.hahahah :bonker:
:buttkick:

NorCalSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn! I really would like to hear your set up but I've got some work to do on Sat. Maybe I can make it out for a short while...what time are you expecting to get there?

On a side note, I brought my 06 out there when it had 570 miles on it and was informed that I could not run lower than a 13.5 w/o an aftermarket roll bar!? So I made a single pass anyway and was basically told to leave. Having been the first time dragging the Viper...well thank goodness for the -9ft d/a; I ran a [email protected] with a humiliating 2.34 60'.

JP

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn! I really would like to hear your set up but I've got some work to do on Sat. Maybe I can make it out for a short while...what time are you expecting to get there?

On a side note, I brought my 06 out there when it had 570 miles on it and was informed that I could not run lower than a 13.5 w/o an aftermarket roll bar!? So I made a single pass anyway and was basically told to leave. Having been the first time dragging the Viper...well thank goodness for the -9ft d/a; I ran a [email protected] with a humiliating 2.34 60'.

JP
I was worried about the roll bar thing too. I called and they said you can run up to a 11.5 without a roll bar. I just talked to a gentleman yesterday at the track. I guess every track is different. Ive only ran this car once at VOI9 in Vegas and I pulled a terrible 12.5 @ 115mph. It was hot. Ive since added a few things so Im hoping to at least break into the 11's with cool temps helping.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself and your tranny a favor and stay home,always.hahahah :bonker:
:buttkick:

your right newb, I might as well do myself a favor, what with all the favors I do for you and all...like...always having the 200+ pound passenger in my car and covering up the hood scoop just to make things a little closer to even.

You must be registered for see images

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or you could just be in the supercharged 97 and leave both you girls in the dust!!!
:rolleyes:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or you could just be in the supercharged 97 and leave both you girls in the dust!!!

I guess, but then how would you know? read it on the forums??? last I checked you were still in the 12.DOH!! club :nono:

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This coming from a guy who has never tracked or drag raced his GTS and spins out at Auto crosses. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bonker: :hitfan:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ladies ladies... but when I sell my car.. I can HONESTLY say it has never been on a drag strip... and I can also say I have never been BEAT!!!
=)
CHAMPION!!!!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I can also say I have never been BEAT!!!
=)
CHAMPION!!!!

.......if your lucky enough to sell it before my SC shows up

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can HONESTLY say it has never been on a drag strip..

Thats about the only honest thing Ive ever heard you say. Honestly. hahahha

NorCalSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What did everyone run? Hopefully I can make the next one...or hopefully we can get a cruise together soon.

JP

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What did everyone run? Hopefully I can make the next one...or hopefully we can get a cruise together soon.

JP

I posted a new thread on my day. I ended up being the only Viper. There was a few Z06's

Well hit us up, we need to start getting some cruises,track days or auto x's set up. What area are you in??

NorCalSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sac area, there is another guy here with a S/C'd silver SRT vert...maybe he'll roll too. We should put another thread for a possible coastal or Tahoe run.

JP