Drag Racing at Cecil County Dragway this Saturday, May 20th!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a drag racing event this Saturday, May 20th at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Maryland. I have already gotten a few RSVP’s and wanted to get another reminder out there regarding this event.

The track opens at 8 am Saturday morning. If you plan on racing, I recommend arriving between 8 and 9 AM to give yourself enough time to get checked in and inspected. Tom Dickson will be bringing some cones so that we can designate our parking. He will also be bringing a floor jack and some tools. We are also trying to line up an air compressor for the event.

There are 4 different classes to choose from and there are monetary prizes for 1st and 2nd place in each class. For additional information on the series, please visit the American Super Car Series Website at:

http://www.racesupercars.com/

You do not have to race your Viper in order to attend. If you wish to attend the event and not race, please designate that in your RSVP. Those who will be racing will welcome any and all support we can get. Remember, Corvettes outnumber Vipers in a BIG way.

There are also two more reasons to attend.

1st. Tom Dickson (WANTED) is having his grudge match with Ranger from the Corvette Club. Ranger has quite a reputation for being one of the best, if not the best drag racers. Come support Tom as he takes on Ranger is his stock C6 ZO6.

2nd. Tom is returning his car to bone stock and is going after the fastest ¼ mile time in a 100% stock Viper. The current documented record is an 11.71 ET. Tom has been able to run as low as 11.5 seconds with his car having smooth tubes, filters and Mopar exhaust. Tom is confident he will break the record! Be there to witness this Hisssssss-toric event!

If you need directions or additional information on Cecil Country Dragway, here is their website:

http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to PM me.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1: Start out going SOUTH on MAIN ST toward 70TH AVE. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto 70TH AVE. 0.2 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto 137TH ST. <0.1 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto HARRY VAN ARSDALE JR AVE / JEWEL AVE. <0.1 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto 136TH ST. 0.2 miles Map

6: Merge onto VAN WYCK EXPY / I-678 N toward WHITESTONE BR. 0.8 miles Map

7: Merge onto I-495 W via EXIT 12B toward MIDTOWN TUN (Portions toll). 8.2 miles Map

8: Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. <0.1 miles Map

9: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto TUNNEL EXIT ST / QUEENS MIDTOWN TUNNEL EXIT. <0.1 miles Map

10: Turn RIGHT onto E 34TH ST. 1.2 miles Map

11: Turn RIGHT onto DYER AVE. 0.1 miles Map

12: Take the LINCOLN TUNNEL ramp. <0.1 miles Map

13: Merge onto I-495 W (Crossing into NEW JERSEY). 0.9 miles Map

14: I-495 W becomes NJ-495 W. 3.2 miles Map

15: Merge onto NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S via the exit on the LEFT toward I-280 / NEWARK / I-78 (Portions toll). 112.6 miles Map

16: NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S becomes I-295 S (Portions toll) (Crossing into DELAWARE). 5.5 miles Map

17: Merge onto I-95 S via the exit on the LEFT toward BALTIMORE (Portions toll) (Crossing into MARYLAND). 21.2 miles Map

18: Merge onto MD-272 N / NORTH EAST RD via EXIT 100B toward RISING SUN. 0.8 miles Map

19: Turn LEFT onto JOSEPH BIGGS MEMORIAL HWY / MD-274. 0.4 miles Map

20: Turn LEFT onto THEODORE RD. 1.4 miles Map

21: End at 1916 Theodore Rd
Rising Sun, MD 21911-2605, US Map

Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 48 minutes Total Est. Distance: 157.75 miles

This trip should take you 1 1/2 hours D! Two hours at the most! Hope you can make it, and while your're at it, bring YoTony with you!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW don't tell me its only going to be John and I representing the Vipers. So
really who else is planning to go ? anybody ? come on guys it'll be fun and the
weather is going to be high 70 low humidity = fast runs :headbang:

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I'll be there! I just hope I won't embarrass my Viper brothers. I'm counting on you to makeup for my novice runs.

Soo.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I'll be there! I just hope I won't embarrass my Viper brothers. I'm counting on you to makeup for my novice runs.

Soo.

LMAO, you drive just fine. :2tu: make sure to be there by 8:30 you get at
least 2 practice runs to dial in time. Soo register in the 12.50 class, most of
the guys running that class have little experience and you should do great. John
and I will be at the track by 7:30 and will save you a place to park with us. See you
there.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery