Drag Radial users Chime in

BOOST ALMIGHTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Viper owner here. I had a question for the guys running drag radials on there car all the time. I am looking to go with the BF G Drag Radials in the 345/30/18 but I am kind of afraid of them throwing rocks and chipping the paint.
I know they are going to pick up rocks but will it chip the paint, or is the way the Viper designed going to prevent that.

Chris

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

I have them on my car and love them. I don't drive the car daily but when I do i'm in the hot Houston sun for several hours and don't have any paint chip issues.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

BOOST ALMIGHTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,
What brand and size do you have? Just curious.

I just purchased the BF G 345-30-18s today. I should have them put later this week.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I don't drive in the rain, on my 2006 coupe, I use the Hoosier 345/30/19" A6-very sticky tire -a tremendous tire that has very little spin(if any) and no fish tailing. Being safe I had the 3m put on.

Last edited:

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The best drag radial for all around driving is the NITTO555. It has the best handling out of the drag radials when the pressure is up, and throws up the least amount of stones. The BFG is supposed to stick a little better, but I've pulled consistent 1.60 60' times with a lowered car and very little seat time on the track. Very good tire!

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the Kumho V700s for awhile and they sand blasted the hell out of the fenders. But now all I mess with it the BFG 345 and love em.

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

I have the BFG's 345/30/18 for the rear and bought the BFG's KDW-2's for the front to have the same matching thread pattern (or close).
The ride is MUCH better on the street than the Michelins!
I just ordered the Forgeline VR-1's from Jon B at Parts Rack and also the ALDAN adjustable suspension so I'm waiting to mount the tires and new suspension setup next week...:)

Last edited:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I picked up this brand new pair of BFG on SSR's from JonB about 2 months ago. I've had them on the car a couple times just to break them in. While driving around the streets, they actually pick up fewer rocks than the run-flats. When I drive down my road heading toward the main road with the BFG's on, I hear nothing. With the run-flats, I hear tons of sand and pebbles hitting the back fenders.

Do they grip?? Well, I went to a parking lot to do a burnout in order to shread the labels off the tires. Didn't work too well. The tires just hooked up and the car shot forward like I was shot out of a cannon.

These tires and wheels will be for sale this fall. I only bought them just to make 3-4 runs this summer to get a decent ET for bragging rights and that's it. At end of the summer, they're gone.

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Interesting question. I've run all three on the back of my beast. Opinions as follows:

All of these tires, including the BFG's, will sand blast your rear fenders given enough time. Put the plastic on before you put any of these tires on.

The BFG's are very sticky in a straight line when warm but lousy in the twisties. No way in the rain. These tires wear fairly quickly. I took them off before I wore them out but I'd guess I'd get 5000 or so miles with these.

The Kumhos are the best handling of the three tires on twisty roads and very sticky on the street when warm. They're pretty good in the rain. I get about 10,000 miles on the rears.

The Nitto's are a compromise between the two. Good traction in a straight line, reasonable handling when aired up and smooth riding. Not so good in the wet. These go about 10 to 12,000 miles.

So what do I run every day now? Kumho Ecsta V-700's.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte