Drags tonight (11/9) at Infineon... see you there?

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ridiculously short notice, I know, but I'm taking my Challenger out to tonight's bracket racing at Infineon. Let me know if you're going to be there; I'd like to meet some of my NorCal brothers.

FYI, there's only tonight and 11/16 left on the Wednesday Night Drags schedule. Where did 2011 go???

Rich

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damm Rich If I knew you were going I would have come out. One wed left and I am determined to make it out and then theres the Sunday final summit run on the 27 which I will be there for sure. I will be watching on 1320 tonight.

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Chris... I'm still not hooking with the new converter, but it's pretty much my own fault. I wasn't 100% sure of how far down you can take a Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radial, and stayed at 25 psi. Checked up on their website today, and was surprised to see that they recommend 12-16 psi for a 295. Oooops.

Did manage, barely, a new PB with 11.916 @ 116.9, 1.762 60'. This was the first round of the brackets, and my opponent (dialed @ 12.20) red-lit... and it didn't really sink into my skull until after my launch that I could just cruise for the win. Couldn't do it; all I ever want is a new low ET... so I stayed in the throttle and tried my best to break out on my 11.90 dial. Alas, didn't reach my coveted 11.8xx.

Next round I told myself I was gonna try to push my launch, and (predictably) spun at the line. Oh, well... now I know that I can air those DRs down to 15 psi and give it a better chance to hook.

Outside chance I might try to go next Weds...

Rich

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich that sounded like a good night. I run mine around 18 psi and warm them up before launch. those are great times. I have broke out more than once but, I enjoy trying to improve my times. If you don't make it next Wed try to go on sunday the 27th. I am going to try and make it out both dates. let me know.

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... I always dial-in with a "wishful" number: one that will make me happy if I do break out. Not a great strategy for successful bracket racing, but it's the most fun that way for me.

Besides, you can always lose in the brackets to a 15 second car. To which I say: whatever.

Hope to catch up with any & all NorCal VCA guys at the track... whether in your Viper or your "other" car!

Rich

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have lost most of my races to 15 second cars or better... They just step on the gas and go no burn out no nothing if they get a good reaction time it's nearly impossibel to catch them unless you dial up some and then let off at the end Stragety plays a big part. It ***** to lose to them. I prefer racing some of my more competive Z06's etc. A lot more fun win or lose. Most of those are within a car length. Thast what is fun. I always dial my best time of the practice runs. It gets much colder when the sun goes down but so does the track. Actually my best times are in the 70 degree area. Go figure...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456