Drive Laguna Seca June 28, 29, 30 with 105 Decible sound limit!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

If you've always wanted to drive Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca but were afraid your Viper would not pass the normally strict sound limits, this is the event to make. This Speed Ventures weekend features a 105 DB sound limit for this Friday, Saturday, Sunday event only. Even Vipers with headers should "pass sound" as long as you have mufflers. Having cats would make your Viper even quieter. If you have straight pipes without cats or mufflers, you probably won't pass.

I drove Laguna Seca last year in my stock exhaust 2009 ACR and had no issues with their normal 92 DB sound limit. If you are OE, you will be fine.

We'll be running with Speed Ventures and I've asked Aaron (the owner) to give us a special heads up before registration opens as it will sell out very fast. You can go to their website at: www.speedventures.com for more info on driving with them, but this special event has not been posted as I write this and may not be posted for some time.

PUT this weekend in your schedule.

Please respond here and I'll keep a list of drivers posted on our local website so I can help let you know when sign ups are open.

FYI, I normally drive Friday and Saturday, then enjoy a full day in the beautiful Monterey area eating, visiting the local wineries and just being a tourist. Cathy loved Monterey last year!

See you at the track,

Dan
You must be registered for see images

Updates will be posted on the So Cal Viper Club website at: www.socalviper.com in the "Sidewinders" section of the Forum.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw "The Line" this morning too!

I'm in, Dan. And I also prefer tracking Friday/Saturday. Should be a great weekend, but it will fill up IMMEDIATELY... Seca HPDE days @ 105 dB are so rare.

Hope to see a bunch of snakes there!

Rich

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive Laguna Seca June 28, 29, 30?

If this I in June I can make it. I'm due for a trip back to Carmel Valley.

Last edited:

Ginja

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm so jealous of you guys with this opportunity!

Mark

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
.....One of our So Cal guys ran a 1:33 hot lap last time out in his 2010 1:33 edition Viper ACR.....

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be there. Chucks a cool guy ran a couple of their events. There's also a couple of other track days at Laguna for the ones that want to run the track earlier too. Dec 23,and Jan 21 ( NCRC). I'm gonna sign up..

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Dan, what is your fastest lap at LS?

My goal for my second trip to LS this June would be a 1:35 "best lap" in my Viper. I think I can do this with the increased sound limit and will be happy if I do. The first time out, I always lifted and short shifted past the sound station as I did not want to get booted out, so lap times weren't as good as they could have been.

I bought a Play station 3, driving chair with pedals and Gran Tourismo 4 or 5 (can't remember) driving game last year and learned the track a bit on it before going. It was helpful but the "real thing" with all of the elevations and walls took a bit more courage than the game.....there's no reset button!

See you at the track,

Dan

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]Track Guys,

This just in - registration is now open for our Viper guys.

If you ever wanted to run Laguna Seca, this is a great opportunity.

Don't wait long as this one will sell out fast.

For more info, hotels, etc. go to the So Cal Viper Club website, sidewinders track events at: http://socalviper.com/message-board/

See you at the track,

Dan

Hi Dan,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]MRLS is now open for registration. We will leave it open for a week or two before announcing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Aaron Bitterman[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Speed Ventures, Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]323-461-4795[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]www.speedventures.com[/FONT]

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks x100 for the heads-up, Dan! I'm registered for Friday & Saturday. It'll be soooo nice to not have to worry about sound!

Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery