Drive my SRT-Coupe.... on X-Box 360 !

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Back in 1996, Sony borrowed me and my new GTS for TEST DRIVE 5. Computer-dinosaur that I am, I have yet to play that game, and it features my car on the cover and inside. Dumb, huh?

A couple weeks ago, Microsoft contacted Dodge, who led them to my dealer, who led them to me. TODAY we filmed my SRT-C for an upcoming "X-Box-360" game. (Whatever that is!} The detailed photographic assessment of the car was amazing. EVERYTHING about the car was captured in ultra-hi resolution.

In a few weeks you will be able to drive my SRT-C in this game, without even having to make 1 car payment! Microsoft snagged some pretty hot cars worldwide it seems.... we had to wait for the special cameras to come back from Europe to do my coupe.

I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement about the rest of the story, til after the game is released, but its supposed to be way cool. {I'll probably never know!)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all............

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will you autograph my copie that i buy for my kids :D

just kidding ya jon, by the way after the holiday i need to call ya and place
a order :2tu:

Reaction score
Yeah...but if you didn't add the little "extra stripes" to the white stripes on this coupe....it will look like all the others! :)

I remember the story behind your added "stipelets". Made your GTS distinguishable from ALL others at first glance.

Did you manage to slap a temporary PARTSRACK sticker on it??? :2tu:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon did they say what game? The only game that I know of right now is Need For Speed: Most Wanted has an SRT-C. I hope it's Forza 2.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I remember the story behind your added "stipelets". Made your GTS distinguishable from ALL others at first glance. Did you manage to slap a temporary PARTSRACK sticker on it???

Great idea, but I could not sneak ANYTHING past them......even my Tapestry mats had to come out, in favor of the OEM factory mats. They told me the vanity plate (POIZNUS) would be digitally exhanged for the name of the game (secret)

The too-tall OE shift knob was exchanged for a MGW-Gripper (great!) but they took photos of the OE knob to digitally replace it. The camera they used, if I understand it correctly, was capable of taking 1 million byte photos... Single photo? Can that be right? They even took photos of numerous places on the car with a large tape-measure held in front of the area. Exact replication is their goal....

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So John,

What if I put sum serious XBOX miles on your car, will that void your warranty?

How much are a set of 'e-Hoosiers' can I get a price?

:D

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jay K.

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice going, Jon. I had to pull out my old copy of Test Drive 5 to take a look. You'll be famous to all racing gamers everywhere.

Reaction score
Warp10 that avatar RULEZ!!!! Starfleet should use that desgin for the next shuttlecraft.

Go ahead laugh at me because I like star trek. :(

That is awesome jonB. I may have to get x-box now ;)

:usa: :headbang:

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice going, Jon. I had to pull out my old copy of Test Drive 5 to take a look. You'll be famous to all racing gamers everywhere.

Yeah, the printed credits of the game are my proof-positive...not to mention the stripe-lets and white wheels that ViperMad remembered. That was my slowest PIR-Portland lap EVER !

The X-box game will have a different 'proof' test.... more later!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang