Drive your snake to work day

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to drop them a note. My reply:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>RE: America's "Only" Sports Car

Enjoyed your web site, but was a little put off by this rather elitist statement. While the Mustang can sometimes be referred to as a sports car, the Viper most definitely is such an animal. I would not have taken exception to "America's Greatest Sports Car" as it is all subjective anyway. But "Only"? That seems a bit much.

As a former Vette owner and current Viper owner, just wanted to give you my 2 cents.

Chris Marshall
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of snobish comments on the board lately. Our cars cost more than others, less than others. Dollar for dollar Mustangs are better buys than Corvettes and Corvettes are better buys than Vipers and Vipers are better buys than Ferrari 360s. There is always something good - and bad - about every car. (ok, except minivans: they are just bad.) I would probably own a Corvette with the Viper and use it for an everyday driver if it wasn't for the image of the mid-life crisis guy with a bald head and beer gut. Do I admire the car for what it can do for the dollar? You bet! Am I trading my Viper? No way!

Keep in mind that the snobbery works both ways. Check out the recent Ferrari Challenge at VIR and you would have seen $100M on the track AT THE SAME TIME. One guy was driving a $6M car. These cars (for the most part) can't compare in terms of performance to any Viper, but there are plenty that are out of my price range. I can afford the Ferrari 360 or the Mustang, but I bought the Viper. Does that make me a bad person? No. It just means that I was fortunate enough to have enough money to buy what I wanted. Would I take a McLaren in trade? You bet!

I guess cars will always be used for bragging and a measuring stick, but lets keep it civil, respect that others may have different criteria for their personal choices, and remember that even a moped can be fun to drive! Personal attacks just mean that the person's character doesn't measure up to the character of the car that we love.

OP
OP
T

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris-
You have to understand their myopia. It can be hard to see past that spiffy HUD, while sipping your latte snuggled firmly in your cup holder.
How about "Viper, America's only supercar"
You must be registered for see images

So whet is the verdict- do we all show up on that Friday to remind them of that "other" sports car, or give them their own moment in the sun, while we do it another day?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960