driver window goes up to much?

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone has had this issue. I have an 04 srt10 and when I shut the door from outside the car the window goes to seal but goes up a bit over the rag top and pillar. When inside the car I shut door and roll window down, then back up and it seals better otherwise I get a ton of wind noise. The door lines up ok but if I look close down where the door meets the sill at the corner it pops out a bit. One local dodge service guy advised me to take it to a body shop? Anyone know anything about this or have had it on your vert?

Tom

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't help you with the vert, but my 06 coupe did the same thing. It closed onto my paint. It was horrible. It only did it maybe 1 out of every 100 times.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supposedly common issue. I have the same issue where the window doesn't always drop for the door to close. I've read and searched these forums but haven't read a definitive answer.
I've read of BCM's being replaced, door regulators replaced, or just the window adjusted. No definitive answer that I know of.:dunno:
I'd like to know as well.

Reaction score
The drop travel can be adjusted by the dealer. If this does not do the trick then the regulator is most likely the problem. If you have a service contract just order one and hope that you get a better one than you have. If it is coming out of your pocket be ready for a $1k or more repair bill.

If you have to pay for this call me and I will see what I can do to help you with it.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mark,

I thought they came out with a TSB for this issue? I thought it was determined that the "upmovement" occurred too quickly? Not allowing the glass to actually move up to the weatherstripping, rather it would actually still be a bit "outside" the weatherstripping guide area?

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is going to the dealer tomorrow for just this problem with the passenger side, more news later
Tony

Reaction score
Mark,

I thought they came out with a TSB for this issue? I thought it was determined that the "upmovement" occurred too quickly? Not allowing the glass to actually move up to the weatherstripping, rather it would actually still be a bit "outside" the weatherstripping guide area?

The up movement and range can be set as can the tilt of the glass to fix this. If that does not last though the regulator could be the problem.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
From SRT's Q&A:

1- If your issue is the glass clicking against the roof when you open the door, it may simply be caused by opening the door too quickly (the glass needs time to drop). It can also be caused by pulling hard enough on the door release lever that it goes beyond the normal electronically activated position and into the mechanical override. If, on the other hand, your issue is the glass contacting the roof when you close the door, check with your dealer to make sure your BCM has the latest flash. There was a change that addressed an issue with the window going too high if it was raised with the door open. The only other thing we can think of is the door latch itself. The latch senses if the door is closed, initiating operation of the smart glass and allowing the BCM to learn the up position of the glass. If that latch sensor is not working properly, it could affect the learn (although we have never heard of a bad latch sensor).