Drivers Dooor won't unlock????????

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drivers Dooor won\'t unlock????????

I have a bit of a problem with my 02 GTS. The drivers door will not unlock once closed unless I use the emergency release. This happened over the course of a couple days. First it wouldn't close every time when I shut it and now it won't open up @ all using the door handles. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Wojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Drivers Dooor won\'t unlock????????

I had a similar problem and Chuck Tator told me the fix. One of the wires in the door hinge is broken, breaks in half. You need to re-connect and it will be fixed. This will probably re-occur inn time.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

does the door popper get stuck. i had the same problem few weeks ago and sprayed lubricant into the popper and popper seems to work now.

OP
OP

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

pOPPER DOES NOT GET STUCK. tHANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE WIRING HARNESS. I am going to bring it in to be serviced...

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chrysler built this great car, then cheaped out on the wiring at the hinge. I had to change each one. As I replaced some, others broke-and its only a '00 with 34k! Now I'm conscious of it everytime I have to open the driver's side door. On the bonus side I probabely got a better deal when I bought the car last year because of that. The left side mirror didn't move and the outside door handle was dead.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had the same problem but it wasn't the wiring harness. I think it was the button but I don't remember. Larry Macedo Macedo Motorsports fixed it.

Worthless reply I know, but it plugs Larry and bumps my posts count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS