Driving/Racing glove suggestions needed

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for some suggestions on driving/racing gloves. I don't do much racing, typically take a three day class each year. This year the school suggests racing gloves. We will be running F-3000 cars.

Any suggestions on something inexpensive?

Thanks in advance.

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I picked up a pair of gloves at the local Harley shop....very thin leather, felt like a second skin....used them at the Panoz school last year and going to the one in Va next month.....

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

What I can tell you is that there not cheap. I finally broke down and purchased
a pair of Sparco's at VOI7 for about $90. You can probably find something for about $50 from well known companies. Hey...just realized your going to be driving F-3000 cars. If thats the car that a step below F-1 then I would probably not skimp. I would get sweaty palms just thinking about driving one of those. Sparco, Momo etc.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of Sparco gloves that are Nomex and leather. They are fine and cost near $100. These have an older date code which you need to pay attn to when shopping.

I beleive F3000 will require fire rated gloves. I would recommend you look into Sparco and especially the "inside out gloves". These have the stitching on the outside so they look inside out BUT the inside (where your hands are) are smoth with no seams.

Thats what I will be buying...

Reaction score
Contact HelmetCity or go to their web site. They will have a good selection and may have them on sale. Their prices are the lowest I have found and they give VCA members a 10% discount.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or if you just want to take a look at these and see how they price at a brick and mortar, go down to Dave Turner Motorsports in Kearny Mesa.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also use the Sparco's (around $120) with the "inside-out" stitching (technically reverse stitching, I believe). Not much to look at, but VERY comfortable. Like someone else said, you should definitely invest in a good nomex fireproof pair, whatever you decide.

http://www.sparcousa.com/prace_gloves.asp?id=325

If most of the F1 drivers use it, it can't be bad... (and, they take off a few seconds from my lap times, too :) ).

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Patricia (see below). I got her driving gloves and Viper is embroidered (any color)on the wrist straps.

PATRICIA CICERO
436A DORSEYVILLE RD.
PITTSBURGH, PA. 15215
PAYMENTS: Check, M.O., Bidpay; Paypal
My paypal address is: [email protected] https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=2GD5GN44V8A94

Polo-style shirt: 100% cotton, red, white, navy blue, black, gray, royal blue, green; $25.00. Add $2.00 for Size XXL
Sweatshirt: 80% cotton/20% poly; black, white, navy blue, royal blue, green, gray; $30.00;
T-Shirt: 100% heavy cotton embroidered. Variety of colors; S to XXL $15.00
Denim shirt: 100% cotton blue denim, button-down shirt with pocket and logo; $35.00
Sweater: 100% cotton, crew neck or V-neck, pullover, black, bone, natural, navy; $59.00

Fleece jacket: full front zip fleece, black, charcoal, navy, green; $59.00
Microfiber jacket: lightweight, black, navy and khaki; $75.00
Wool and leather jacket: black varsity style wool with leather
sleeves; $139.00
BOMBER JACKET : All Leather, Soft Lambskin $179.00
Windbreaker: Full front zip, lined, hood inside collar; adjustable cuff. Colors: black, yellow $49.00
Poly/Cotton Poplin Black/Red Sport Jacket: lightweight, zippered with storm flap, standup collar, 2 patch pockets, Black with red trim; $75.00
Red Meet Jacket: lightweight full front zip, stand up collar, storm flap with black on inside of flap. $59.00.
Robe:, White (OSFM) 100% terry cloth; 3/4 sleeve, patch pockets $59.00

Sportbag: 24" X 12 X 11" black and navy; $45.00
Leather Like Black Sportbag: Heavy duty 24" X 13" X 12" with logo embroidered on side $55.00 Matching attache' $49.99
Genuine soft leather bag: Black or Brown 22"X11X10" $79.00
Cd Case: holds 24 cds $20.00
Blanket: black, charcoal, navy, forest or red w/ black whipstitch edging, $40.00
Hats: $20.00
Car Covers: Ready fit covers with logo embroidered across windshield/hood area, $145.00.
Driving Gloves: Leather, Sizes: Sm., Med., Lrg. XLrg, $34.95