DRL module

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched and found that the module from Caravan/Neon can work, but anyone have an exact part number or from which years?

There are plenty of those in junkyards nearby but it would be nice knowing which year has the correct module

I figure since my viper is a 1999, then modules from that generation of Caravan/Neon should work?

Thanks, needing this to pass inspection hehe

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, so I found the DRL module.. it was unplugged

when I plugged it in, the lights turned on without a key in contact and with the e-brake up

so, that's probably why it was disconnected, it always stayed on!

why is it staying on even without the key in contact? is there a switch inside ? (didn't see anything in owner manual)

could it be a faulty module?

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guessing that's pretty obvious? Doesn't work in one car and installing it in another car also doesn't work.

Save hours and go to the Illustrated Upgrades on DRL for the pictures. Think I also posted pics on a thread or two. Hotwire the Foglamps relay and then disconnect it after passing the federal inspection if you want. I used drviing lamps on my GTS because the HIDs were so awesome that I installed both hi and low HIDs. On my ACR I used the low beams. Faster, esier, chaeper and more reliable while still being easier to disconnect.

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for future references...

went to local junkyard and found the exact same DRL module (same part number) that was in my 99 RT-10 inside a 1998 Dodge Neon

the DRL module is behind the stock radio so it was still in perfect condition

plugged it in.. and it worked like a charm

total cost? 2$ (the entry fee to the junkyard)

guess when I showed the part coming out they had no idea what it was so they didn't even charge me for it :)